Monty is going to be alright.

I like the comparison to Green. He was better than expected last year. If he is that good or better this year with the new TEs this offense will be tough to stop.

I still think Williams is going to take over as the starting RB at some point this season. I think this kid will be a stud. Monty will end up moving back to WR were I think he is a better WR then a RB.

Agree GBP that Williams might well end up the starter when they play more of a base defense or when they have 2 TEs in the game so have some different blocking and receiving options on the field.

I disagree about Monty moving back to WR. I actually found him a little disappointing at WR in the time he spent there. He had some moments, but I never got the feeling he would be a standout at WR. I think they will keep him at RB.

I still think Williams is going to take over as the starting RB at some point this season. I think this kid will be a stud. Monty will end up moving back to WR were I think he is a better WR then a RB.
That might be, but IMO we have a Levens/Bennett situation here. Monty is Levens and Williams is Bennett. Monty just has more of a complete package, but if something happens to him- We might not miss a beat (after Williams gets some NFL reps.) I remember Holmgren saying how we would've won the super bowl in '98 if Levens would have been healthy.

The article makes me believe that Monty's development might be the biggest improvement the offense could've hoped for. The offense was okay, but if they are able to control the ball a little more our defense won't have to be on the field as much. Win-Win.

Great read. Glad to read stuff like this and it's good to see Monty going the extra mile. I hope it pays off for the young man and he lights it up this year. Good for him.

i haven't been worried about him at all, and this article just reinforces my belief that running back is his natural position. i think he's going to do some really good things for us this year.

I still do not believe Montgomery is the answer and is not a starting caliber rb. He is more a rotational type guy to use here or there, with his strength being used to catch passes out of the backfield. You can bet defenses will defend him better this year and he want have the success he had as an unknown rb. Ted should have taken a starting caliber rb in the draft.

I still do not believe Montgomery is the answer and is not a starting caliber rb. He is more a rotational type guy to use here or there, with his strength being used to catch passes out of the backfield. You can bet defenses will defend him better this year and he want have the success he had as an unknown rb. Ted should have taken a starting caliber rb in the draft.
You may be right but TT, MM, Ty himself and plenty others feel he can get the job done

The biggest point to consider is Monty's hands. He's a decent pass receiver, therefore, with two WRs in, we essentially have 3, and with 3 in, we could consider it 4. It forces teams to play small, forcing them into nickel and dime packages, and for most teams, especially those running a 4-3, it's a real headache. They have to pull what is usually an effective linebacker, or DL, to get that extra DB on the field, and it creates spacing problems in their defense. Especially when Monty lines up directly behind the QB, and the direction he's going if it's a pass, isn't obvious.

Personally, I've always liked the idea of lining up a guy like that in the backfield, and having a mudder out there with them, who can make holes in lines for themselves, and a guy like Monty.

I think a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised at how it adds to the Rodgers passing game, and creates more opportunities for catch and run football.

Back