New DC and position coaches Thread

Thanks Mark! :)
Like u, I also prefer a form of the 4-3 or even Elephant.

I would like a 4-3 but I won't mind a 3-4 either that isn't along the lines of Capers 3-4.

The original 3-4 of Pitt in the 70s was awesome, but look at all the All Pros and some HOF players they had...Mean Joe Green, Ham and Lambert, Blount ect
We were on our way with Corey Williams, Woodson, and Collins and then took steps backwards ever since when TT failed to find replacements of their talent and skill levels.
My bad should have added Raji from his early years and Matthews who is older now and TT never found a guy opposite of him....he could have had he went with TJ Watt... Oh well.

The original 3-4 of Pitt in the 70s was awesome, but look at all the All Pros and some HOF players they had...Mean Joe Green, Ham and Lambert, Blount ect
We were on our way with Corey Williams, Woodson, and Collins and then took steps backwards ever since when TT failed to find replacements of their talent and skill levels.
My bad should have added Raji from his early years and Matthews who is older now and TT never found a guy opposite of him....he could have had he went with TJ Watt... Oh well.

The Steelers have employed a 3-4 defensive scheme since 1982. They made the 3-4 the envy of the NFL during Dick Lebeau's two stints with the team.

T. The steelers super bowl was anchored by the iron curtain front four:
75 Joe Greene DT.
68 L. C. Greenwood DE.
63 Ernie Holmes DT.
78 Dwight White DE.

I don't think it matters what base we use anymore, we just need some playmakers. The Pack runs sub packages like 75% of the time.

A lot of talk about Perry as DC today.
I guess that I am going to go with someone who has a proven track record of running a *complete defense* instead of just signing someone who has been a part of one of the worst pass defenses ever. That's just me I guess. I am not super excited to sign a CB or S coach to run my defense when the secondary on that team has been abysmal.tc(

A lot of talk about Perry as DC today.
I guess that I am going to go with someone who has a proven track record of running a *complete defense* instead of just signing someone who has been a part of one of the worst pass defenses ever. That's just me I guess. I am not super excited to sign a CB or S coach to run my defense when the secondary on that team has been abysmal.tc(

I definitely prefer going external for DC, but I would be alright with Whitt. At least with him you have guys like Woodson praising him in the past and you can see tangible evidence of him turning the talent he had into good players with Sam Shields and Ladarius Gunter (he was passable for a few games with all the injuries). I can't find anything positive to say about Moss or Perry.

I definitely prefer going external for DC, but I would be alright with Whitt. At least with him you have guys like Woodson praising him in the past and you can see tangible evidence of him turning the talent he had into good players with Sam Shields and Ladarius Gunter (he was passable for a few games with all the injuries). I can't find anything positive to say about Moss or Perry.
I want nothing to do with the last staff. We really need new ideas and fresh position coaches. Won't happen but if MM really wanted change he would have manned up and cleaned house on defense.

Based on McCarthy hiring new coaches for this coming year, it appears he's going to be staying - at least for one year.

I doubt they'd sign anyone they would need to send packing before they start.

Based on McCarthy hiring new coaches for this coming year, it appears he's going to be staying - at least for one year.

I doubt they'd sign anyone they would need to send packing before they start.

Good point TW. These little tidbits, pieced together, start to paint a more clearer picture.

Back