New Record Set

Terranimal

Reaction score
In case anyone missed it, Rodgers set a new record last night. His completionss of 39 broke the previous record of 36 set by Farce according to local news this morning.

Congrats Aaron! He was slinging it around all night. Looks like he was 39/56 against the Bears and it's interesting that Favre got his record versus the Bears as well. Favre was 36/54. The Bears are good for something.

We are a passing team regardless of what McCarthy wants to believe. We need to recognize that, embrace it, and use the running game in a manner that forces teams to be honest when playing us.

Montgomery does a solid job when you move him to RB, and so does Cobb. They're completely different running types so it's a change up.

By keeping more receivers on the field, yet one really being a WR, teams aren't certain if they should stay in nickel, and change up to a dime package on passing downs. I kind of like it. Let's see how it plays out against the Falcons.

I honestly wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that Rodgers breaks this record later this season. He's going to be throwing A LOT from now on.

Hells bells I can set that record vs cover 2 zone playing 5-7 yards off the WR. Color me skeptical but they gave you the short pass all night and still hit Rodgers a ton. There is now video of the short passing game and Monty the RB.. DC will adjust and scheme it away.

Hells bells I can set that record vs cover 2 zone playing 5-7 yards off the WR. Color me skeptical but they gave you the short pass all night and still hit Rodgers a ton. There is now video of the short passing game and Monty the RB.. DC will adjust and scheme it away.

That's why MM is gonna have to further innovate. There's gonna be film on Monty but MM needs to create other plays off of the use of Monty, not solely for Monty, but to get others involved as well.

I agree. but I think at the very least it shows the future of this offense. Less run more pass.

Next week however...

I agree with Mark. They will plan to take away the routes we had with the Bears. But, we did not actually explore the deep routes with Nelson, or use hooks either. We were running crossing routes but few were quick release.

If McCarthy is innovative, he should be able to create some new looks. If not, it's going to be a long day.

True, but that's the first step. We took what the defense was giving us. Now, if they try to take that away then the middle should open up a little. I have to say that I didn't think MM had it in him to modify his system, but they took what the defense gave them, controlled the clock, moved the chains. Just what we had to do with no RBs. We hit out routes on time, had a couple deep shots. Cobb let a couple of TD strikes elude him. ARod threw the ball better.

Now is the where the rubber meets the road. Like Bud said, can MM take the next step and innovate enough to evolve the offense faster than DCs can scheme against it.

True, but that's the first step. We took what the defense was giving us. Now, if they try to take that away then the middle should open up a little. I have to say that I didn't think MM had it in him to modify his system, but they took what the defense gave them, controlled the clock, moved the chains. Just what we had to do with no RBs. We hit out routes on time, had a couple deep shots. Cobb let a couple of TD strikes elude him. ARod threw the ball better.

Now is the where the rubber meets the road. Like Bud said, can MM take the next step and innovate enough to evolve the offense faster than DCs can scheme against it.

I'm hoping this is the watershed moment MM needed to have in order to have enough confidence and realization that change can be a good thing for this offense. It may have been out of necessity but it was done nonetheless and if he continues to elevate his creativity, then this offense might get back to it's lofty ways.

He's gotta realize that the defenses now have film on this but the possibilities seem bright if MM chooses to stay a little out of his comfort zone, offensively.

Back