NFL suspends CB Demetri Goodson four games for PED violation; ILB Palmer released

This guy has been useless for since day one. There was no reason he should have been drafted let alone make the roster the last 2 years. For some reason TT loves this guy and won't admit he was a mistake and get rid of him. Hopefully now this will wake TT up and kick this loser to the curb.
Goodson's been pretty fine on STs. Janis, Banjo and him were the standouts last season, when we had rock solid coverage teams. I don't expect much more outta a 6th rounder, but I won't shed a tear if he's cut.

I'd use the suspension as a 4 week "short term IR", and see if there's need for him after that. Maybe there is, maybe not.

Wonder if the Packers would consider signing Donald Butler to a 1 year vet min contract. The guy has been out there for over a month so perhaps you can get him to sign a deal cheap like this before the draft.

I think the conventional wisdom is signing now helps at whatever position, the contracts can be written to protect the team, and at least a player we might want won't be wandering off to the competition. Probably not an earth-shaking decision either way, but I don't see it negatively impacting the team.

Goodson was an ok gunner on ST but his coverage skills sick( I think GB will draft another CB anyway so he's going to have to earn his way in camp. Bad thing about the 4 game PED violators is next time it's 10 games and past that 2 years ! ( Thanks for posting that last night Mark)

Palmer getting cut leads me to believe MLB will be taken in the first 3 rounds this draft as well.

I don't see FA at this time in the calender negatively impacting the team either. My thought was using some of the money to sign our own Guards before this time next year

Goodson was an ok gunner on ST but his coverage skills sick( I think GB will draft another CB anyway so he's going to have to earn his way in camp. Bad thing about the 4 game PED violators is next time it's 10 games and past that 2 years ! ( Thanks for posting that last night Mark)

Palmer getting cut leads me to believe MLB will be taken in the first 3 rounds this draft as well.
Would not surprise me if the first 3 were DL, INLB, DL

If guy like Conklin or Spriggs would be there I would consider drafting them. You could find a decent DT in third or 4th round. ILB outside of Ragland is not worth picking. Hunter Henry IMO is a second round pick. Outside of QB I would go BPA and draft who ever is at top of Ted's board.

Back