NIL Money and deciding to enter draft

you're talking about a generational talent though. this is not the norm. the average starting players that don't get that kind of special attention aren't making millions off of nil.
Of course her level of income is not comparable to someone who is sitting on the bench when it comes to NIL money. She's in high demand. The point I was making is that there are almost an unlimited amount of people chipping in to these sponsorships that there is more money in some areas than you imagine. At the University of Texas, the average scholarship player gets roughly $94k a year in NIL money, after throwing out the bucks made at the top by the roughly 5-10 players who make astronomical money. There are collectives, and there are private donations to collectives, and co-sponsorships by collectives in conjunction with good causes like Dell Children's Hospital, Cancer Research.... and on and on.

You just don't see it happening, and how much is going into the system. In one year, through the collectives, forget about the Manning deal and other big individual deals, they are getting over $15 mill for these kids in football alone at UT.

Also, point two is that Caitlan Clark is making that kind of money in college, and the highest WNBA salary in the NBA in 2023 was just over $240k. I think that's what you're also missing. Also, the minimum WNBA salary is $74k. So, in essence, Clark is making 14 times more money in college than she would if she was making the highest salary in the pro game.

Why wouldn't Caitlyn continue her endorsement contracts after college

Why wouldn't Caitlyn continue her endorsement contracts after college
Those listed she probably would continue with. There are several others that are more local in nature. For a lot of players, their NIL money is coming from places like car dealerships, local fitness centers, and even one tattoo parlor from what I understand about a couple of Badger players. For most of them, it will disappear when they leave school. Especially the money coming through the collectives.

As an example, in Texas, the roughly $90k each scholarship player is getting goes away after they're gone.

Texas Tech's collective is getting every player at least $25k a year to go with their scholarships, and they're making even more on the side. Even sessions at car dealerships, as an example, signing autographed pictures at $30 to $100 a pop, plus getting paid "show up money" by the dealerships.

Here's an example of some of the deals players at UT are ending up getting. Some of these guys nobody has even heard about. I hear some Badger players are getting over $100 for an autograph. Check it out. It's astounding where it's heading.

Those listed she probably would continue with. There are several others that are more local in nature. For a lot of players, their NIL money is coming from places like car dealerships, local fitness centers, and even one tattoo parlor from what I understand about a couple of Badger players. For most of them, it will disappear when they leave school. Especially the money coming through the collectives.

As an example, in Texas, the roughly $90k each scholarship player is getting goes away after they're gone.

Texas Tech's collective is getting every player at least $25k a year to go with their scholarships, and they're making even more on the side. Even sessions at car dealerships, as an example, signing autographed pictures at $30 to $100 a pop, plus getting paid "show up money" by the dealerships.

Here's an example of some of the deals players at UT are ending up getting. Some of these guys nobody has even heard about. I hear some Badger players are getting over $100 for an autograph. Check it out. It's astounding where it's heading.

Braelon Allen did an autograph signing last year. They charged $50-60 per autograph with a extra $20 if you wanted something inscribed up to 3 words Example Go Badgers!

Not sure how much he was getting out of that signing as you figure everyone invovled with it got a piece of the pie.

Braelon Allen did an autograph signing last year. They charged $50-60 per autograph with a extra $20 if you wanted something inscribed up to 3 words Example Go Badgers!

Not sure how much he was getting out of that signing as you figure everyone invovled with it got a piece of the pie.
He gets money just to show up to sign autographs as a start. He also gets a cut of each signing. Here's one article that gives an idea of what he gets. He makes far more than the signings.

How far does it go? Take a look at this article. Even walk on basketball players can make $50k. That's enough to cover their education.

He gets money just to show up to sign autographs as a start. He also gets a cut of each signing. Here's one article that gives an idea of what he gets. He makes far more than the signings.

How far does it go? Take a look at this article. Even walk on basketball players can make $50k. That's enough to cover their education.

Guessing 90% of these guys on that list the are getting paid from a small business to show up for a couple hours sign autographs and take pictures to get people to come to that business. If even half the people buy something while they are there it makes the business money to cover paying the guy to be there.

Guessing 90% of these guys on that list the are getting paid from a small business to show up for a couple hours sign autographs and take pictures to get people to come to that business. If even half the people buy something while they are there it makes the business money to cover paying the guy to be there.
Exactly! The players also get a cut on the autographs they sign, and the sponsors make a boat load of money on the cheap memorabilia that's signed. It's amazing how signing a name is one thing, but adding something like; "Best Wishes," can add a lot more to the price.

It's a lucrative side gig for a lot of players, and ex-players. The days of free autographs is disappearing. Like a friend of mine who played major league baseball told me, he could make as much in one session at an autograph table where he played baseball, then he could in a month playing ball.

Exactly! The players also get a cut on the autographs they sign, and the sponsors make a boat load of money on the cheap memorabilia that's signed. It's amazing how signing a name is one thing, but adding something like; "Best Wishes," can add a lot more to the price.

It's a lucrative side gig for a lot of players, and ex-players. The days of free autographs is disappearing. Like a friend of mine who played major league baseball told me, he could make as much in one session at an autograph table where he played baseball, then he could in a month playing ball.
Rodgers shortly after winning the Super Bowl him and Steiner who he was signed thru at the time decided that he no longer would add 12 after his AR initials like he always had before. Now you wanted that you had to pay a 100-200 fee for him to add that. Granted it did not last to long because of the negative backlash it got but they tried to even get money out of that.

Rodgers shortly after winning the Super Bowl him and Steiner who he was signed thru at the time decided that he no longer would add 12 after his AR initials like he always had before. Now you wanted that you had to pay a 100-200 fee for him to add that. Granted it did not last to long because of the negative backlash it got but they tried to even get money out of that.
It's always money.

Back