Official 2016 Packers Training Camp Thread

Wasn't Tretter the one who lost his job to Linsley because of injury in 2014?

Yes he did. Linsley had a sophomore slump last year, but few people if any thought Tretter would supplant him going into the season.

Any word on how rookie OT Spriggs is doing?

Tretter is also versatile, spent time at OT and OG last year

Any word on how rookie OT Spriggs is doing?

Tretter is also versatile, spent time at OT and OG last year

He's as advertised. Very quick feet, 11-0 in pass pro drills. Just needs to get stronger, run blocking leaves something to be desired (I say this after one preseason game...). I'm confident saying that OT depth is light years ahead of last year.

EDIT: 11-0 is old info, apparently he's 21-2. Still pretty good. Barclay, for comparison, is 10-7 in one on ones. Keep him inside.

Last edited:
Agree with above. All reports are that he's exactly as advertised. Feet and balance are allowing him to excel at pass-blocking and some lack of strength shows up in the run game. I can easily live with that in a rookie, especially considering it could be the other way around which would be bad.

First time in a few years where I feel good about the OL though I'm a little worried about Murphy so far. Concussion has held him out for a while. Hopefully the last 3 weeks of camp he comes through. Overall though, it seems we have competent back-ups at OT (Spriggs), OG (Taylor) and OC (Tretter or Linsley) for the first time in a while.

Then of course he goes out and looks bad in the next game. Of course it was against Mack who is a premier pass-rusher, but that did not look good. He's a rookie and has never faced anyone as good as Mack. Hopefully a learning experience and he plays better going forward.

I have to think coaches will pick their punter after this game.

That was a great article. The kid has connections. I didn't care what happened with the punter situation before reading the article but now I find myself pulling for him to win the job.

Back