Official Game 1 GB vs Minnesota Thread

Maybe we are looking at “scheme” from two different lenses?
Probably. You still have to beat press first is my point. You can route scheme all you want but got to win the line

Probably. You still have to beat press first is my point. You can route scheme all you want but got to win the line
If it’s an Iso route, yes.
But formations can cover up some of that

The ability to spread the ball is great but WR have to prove they can separate vs press coverage and read defenses. Adams was the only one capable of that last year

Oh I agree, Pack. That may be the only thing that has really gotten worse is that Adams could separate and was the only WR that could consistently do it. Will these new WR's be able to and will Sammy and Cobb be able to? Good question.

Last edited:
If it’s an Iso route, yes.
But formations can cover up some of that
Maybe but if it’s man coverage may not help much off the line. To me that’s a bigger challenge than anything

The Skol horn reminds me of the vuvuzela horns at soccer games. They're insane!

I went to one big time soccer game at Bernabeau Stadium in Madrid, Spain years ago, and vowed I'd never go back. It's like listening to the endless sounds of insanity!!!!!! Then, there's the constant chants of; "Ole.... Ole... Ole! Ole, Ole! I had nightmares about that crap for years!

What is wrong with fans? Don't they have any creativity? Totally endless prattle!!!!

Anyhow, I know where I'd like to stick that damned horn!!!!

The Skol horn reminds me of the vuvuzela horns at soccer games. They're insane!

I went to one big time soccer game at Bernabeau Stadium in Madrid, Spain years ago, and vowed I'd never go back. It's like listening to the endless sounds of insanity!!!!!! Then, there's the constant chants of; "Ole.... Ole... Ole! Ole, Ole! I had nightmares about that crap for years!

What is wrong with fans? Don't they have any creativity? Totally endless prattle!!!!

Anyhow, I know where I'd like to stick that damned horn!!!!
What do you expect from a fanbase who's cheer is SKOL!

Being devil's advocate, how is the offense worse?

RB's are the same and more experienced.
Dillion
Jones
Amari Rodgers- Flex
PS Squad Players

O-line is ultimately the same.
Yosh played 9 games and did fine without Bak.
Runyan is another year experienced.
Meyer is another year experienced
Newman, I do not like but is another year experienced and should be a little better
Jenkins will be solid at RT but it looks like Tom could take that roll at some point. It seems like he will be just as good as Turner (who was average) that we released.
Depth is a little suspect at Guard with Hanson and Ryhan but other than that o-line is virtually very similar to last year.

QB
Same

TE's
The same again and actually Tonyan should be healthy this year. Then you have Lewis again and Davis who they like for some reason. :)

WR's

This may be the only position that is worse; however, we do still have Lazard, Cobb, and added Watkins. It looks like Doubs could be a diamond and Watson should really be very solid by mid-season.

We have only lost Adams and a lot of you have said that AR has eyes for Adams too much and focuses on only him at times. Now AR has the ability to spread the ball around, use RB's more, and defenses cannot just double Adams.
Helped Bert Favor spread the ball around after he lost Sterling Sharpe thst year. That turned out ok.

Being devil's advocate, how is the offense worse?

RB's are the same and more experienced.
Dillion
Jones
Amari Rodgers- Flex
PS Squad Players

O-line is ultimately the same.
Yosh played 9 games and did fine without Bak.
Runyan is another year experienced.
Meyer is another year experienced
Newman, I do not like but is another year experienced and should be a little better
Jenkins will be solid at RT but it looks like Tom could take that roll at some point. It seems like he will be just as good as Turner (who was average) that we released.
Depth is a little suspect at Guard with Hanson and Ryhan but other than that o-line is virtually very similar to last year.

QB
Same

TE's
The same again and actually Tonyan should be healthy this year. Then you have Lewis again and Davis who they like for some reason. :)

WR's

This may be the only position that is worse; however, we do still have Lazard, Cobb, and added Watkins. It looks like Doubs could be a diamond and Watson should really be very solid by mid-season.

We have only lost Adams and a lot of you have said that AR has eyes for Adams too much and focuses on only him at times. Now AR has the ability to spread the ball around, use RB's more, and defenses cannot just double Adams.
1. I guess I think Adams is just that good, and 2. whether talent is there or not, I just don't trust Rodgers or really this coaching staff to recognize it right away. I can see a couple weeks of forcing the ball to Cobb and Watkins while the rookies wilt, because that's just what Rodgers wants and who he trusts.

First game of the year after no pre-season, both teams I think are just going to be trying to simultaneously develop their game plans and identity but also win by hook or by crook. Davonte Adams and the connection with Rodgers is a massive X factor that way, even if the game plan goes out the window, those two could cobble together a string of plays. I just foresee something of a mess and some finger pointing after the fact.

Back