Official Game 11 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

I don't know about pounding the rock, but we have to maybe run it a little more than last week. If they can't be balanced, the run won't work because one-dimensional teams are just easier to stop. Plus, as has been mentioned you don't want to get Dillon beaten up. I'm thinking Dillon with about 20 touches - give or take a few. Maybe another 5 or so for Taylor. Maybe a jet sweep or two Amari Rodgers. I'm thinking they'll call up Armstead. Maybe give him a couple of touches.

I won't predict a game in the 30's because right now the offense isn't that good and with Crosby not in sync that's probably lost points right there.

I'm thinking something like 24-21 Packers.

I don't know about pounding the rock, but we have to maybe run it a little more than last week. If they can't be balanced, the run won't work because one-dimensional teams are just easier to stop. Plus, as has been mentioned you don't want to get Dillon beaten up. I'm thinking Dillon with about 20 touches - give or take a few. Maybe another 5 or so for Taylor. Maybe a jet sweep or two Amari Rodgers. I'm thinking they'll call up Armstead. Maybe give him a couple of touches.

I won't predict a game in the 30's because right now the offense isn't that good and with Crosby not in sync that's probably lost points right there.

I'm thinking something like 24-21 Packers.
Dillon had 21 carries and 2 pass catches this last Sunday.

I’m going to say that number will need to be a little higher this week.

I’m not worried about him getting between 25-30 total touches for 2 weeks if it helps sell the play action passing game. It’s only for 2 weeks, then the bye, then Jones should be back the week following.

Besides, Dillon should be pretty fresh, he hasn’t been used a ton to this point in both this season and his NFL career.

Get their defense to become overly focused on Dillon and they’ll lose focus on someone else.

JMHO

Easily the biggest test of the run D this year, both from a personnel standpoint and scheme/commitment. If you allow them to run it all day, they will, gladly. Figure we will be in more base or maybe some more 3 ILB looks.
Don’t sleep on Mattison when he spells Cook either

Stenavich said when LT David Bakhtiari comes back all options will be on the table for how he might be used. He might play an entire game or be limited to some series. Said Bakhtiari has had some really good moments in practice but is still working through the recovery process.

Back