Official Game 13 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

I tweeted Ingles to get some clarification since I’m confused
I have tweeted him also never got tweet back I am guessing he gets ton of them cant answer them all

The way I’m reading the Spotrac numbers it’s regardless. If you decline the option and if then converts to a guarantee bonus that would explain the increase in dead cap numbers per year. $40.8m was the SB is cashed already and guaranteed at signing was $101m. Which works since per Spotrac the 2023 / 2024 converted options are $58m and $47m. It’s some cap math with base vs bonus I would assume but guarantee is guarantee. The low base numbers are what tells me it’s paid regardless. I’m not a cap wiz by any standard so I could be way off but on the surface the Spotrac numbers and Ingles dead cap number each year it makes sense
That's kinda what I thought too, that it was part of the guaranteed part of the deal that gets paid anyway, but many many people keep saying "oh he won't retire and leave that money on the table" which got me confused.

That's kinda what I thought too, that it was part of the guaranteed part of the deal that gets paid anyway, but many many people keep saying "oh he won't retire and leave that money on the table" which got me confused.
Spotrac shows “cash out” which initially had me confused. Then I saw the base and it’s like WTF how does that get to $50m cash. Now Ingalls has said that both Spotrac and OTC did not calculate the previous cash correctly so it’s possible that’s part of it also.

Footnote: it’s possible some cash from the SB was deferred and / or some of the guarantee option money was paid out in some sort of installments. ? Who knows

So does Rodgers play this try to show why he "owns" the Bears before stepping down for rest of season?

Doubs practiced in pads today, I thought they'd hold him out until after the bye but maybe not. Be interesting to see how they move the ball around between him and Watson. GB has hit the 30 pt mark in two of the last three, the offense is certainly coming around.

Overall seems like it'll be the battle of sh!tty defenses, Chicago has less talent on that side than GB but can't argue that GB is playing any better than CHI.

Back