Official Playoffs Game 2: Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

Hopefully ML and the staff will go thru the film of were SF went thru that rough patch of 3-4 games they had and can dial up a good game plan off that.

Extremely big test, both teams mirror each other offensively. GB has to stop the run and play sound coverage principles to win this game. ML has to put together the best game plan of his tenure this week on offense and we can't have any mistakes in all 3 phases.

Agree Mark.

IMO, the Packers need to do these things to win:

1) Tackle well
2) Protect Love
3) Have a ST's Return (I have a feeling Nixon is due)
4) Win the TO battle

pete prisco's projection

Green Bay Packers (+9.5) at San Francisco 49ers
Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox, fubo)

The Packers really looked good in beating up the Cowboys last week on the road. Winning a second straight road game against the NFC's best team won't be easy. The 49ers will be rested coming off the bye. Will there be rust? Jordan Love has been special the last eight weeks and showed up in a big way last week against the Cowboys. I think that carries over. The 49ers defensive front is tough, but the Packers offensive line is playing well. If you block them, you beat them. The Packers will have a big day throwing it. The 49ers will score as well, as Brock Purdy also has a big day. This will be a shootout. In the end, I am calling for the upset. The Packers pull off a stunner.

Pick: Packers 33, 49ers 31

I'll say the same thing about this game as the previous one. If they continue to play like they have in the past couple of games and lose, I can live with it. It's the dropped passes or being out of alignment for the defense. Missed tackles that drive me crazy.

GOPACKGO

I know that his opinion means little, but today Colin Cowherd picked the Packers to beat the 9ers during his TV show on FS1. Personally, I think that our unique circumstances give us the possibility for that to happen. cheesehead)gopackgo
He's just reading my posts and trying to jump on the upset bandwagon

The Packer D line will have to play their best game of the season to at least dampen the 49ers running game enough without having to put too many LBs and safeties in the box - If the Packers have to be too focused on stopping the run from killing them the 49ers are going to gouge them off play action and quick-hitting passes to huge holes in their coverage schemes. I'd rather they do whatever it takes to tighten up coverage across the middle of the field and force Purdy to beat them with throws to the perimeter.

Really hoping Jaire is ok to suit up and play Saturday, otherwise San Fran will likely have more than one patsy in the Packer secondary to target with their quality weapons at each position grouping with plays giving Purdy short and easy throws to guys in space. If they make Purdy have to throw the ball downfield and to the outside, I think the defense can stay in the game well enough to give the Pack a chance to win.

Offensively, I think there will need to be some more of the jet sweep/endaround action with Reed and Watson to help the running game against the 49er front 7. Misdirection coupled with some trap and power runs between the tackles....then you just hope the Oline can hold up well enough for Love to continue distributing the ball all over the field - Packers will need a shot play or two with Watson to win a one on one and huge games from the TE/slot receivers off play action.

If the 49ers have some rust and don't dominate from the opening snap, this will be a tight game - however if the hit the ground dominating in the trenches it's going to be tough to keep the game within 10 points even if the Packer offense plays well.

Back