Official Preseason Game 1 Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

Guys may have run the wrong routes, but Amari had no separation there. Plus IIRC Love stared him down the entire way.
Do agree Love was staring down his WR on many of the throws that's one of the things he needs to fix.

Do agree Love was staring down his WR on many of the throws that's one of the things he needs to fix.
So if we just put one of the INTs on Love, his rating is still above the Cordova line at 88.72.

If we attribute zero of the INTs it's a 106.2 iirc.

These are “teaching moments” that Love has had precious few of, but badly needs, so far in his career.
Coaches get to coach him up on what he did right, what he did wrong, and what he needs to do differently.
It’s all part of the growing process for Love.

These are “teaching moments” that Love has had precious few of, but badly needs, so far in his career.
Coaches get to coach him up on what he did right, what he did wrong, and what he needs to do differently.
It’s all part of the growing process for Love.
Love to me has made a jump over last year. Last pre-season it just seemed the game was moving way to fast for him. Seems things have slowed down he's playing better.

After watching the INTs thrown by Love a few more times, I'm going to say that other than the one that was taken off Doubs body as he was going to the ground, they could have been avoided with a better throw.

That's not saying he's responsible for them, but it's saying that better throws could have avoided it. The one on Doubs was something that a rookie receiver needs to learn from.

As far as his over all play. He has to learn to see the whole field. He's in his third year and still staring down receivers. He also has a problem getting the ball out front of receiver, tending to throw too far ahead of them, or slightly late, making them difficult or not easily caught.

He's still a work in progress, who needs field experience.

After watching the INTs thrown by Love a few more times, I'm going to say that other than the one that was taken off Doubs body as he was going to the ground, they could have been avoided with a better throw.

That's not saying he's responsible for them, but it's saying that better throws could have avoided it. The one on Doubs was something that a rookie receiver needs to learn from.

As far as his over all play. He has to learn to see the whole field. He's in his third year and still staring down receivers. He also has a problem getting the ball out front of receiver, tending to throw too far ahead of them, or slightly late, making them difficult or not easily caught.

He's still a work in progress, who needs field experience.
Had a few where he threw it to the RB's wrong shoulder on swing routes. Pretty weird lol. Maybe just nerves.

Reactions: TW
Goodson really showed me not much but then again it's a 3rd RB spot unless we lose one of our top 2 RB's it's a spot that they won't get playing time.

I am more wondering if Watkins plays next week. If they hold him out of the game again makes me think that he's going to make the team and they are just wanting him to stay healthy for the regular season.

Back