Official Week 2 Green Bay vs Atlanta Thread

This is going to be an interesting test of the development of this team. We've had a few primetime games in recent memory when we've come out as a bit of a dud - last year @Minny in Week 2 and @Washington in Week 11, @Denver in 2015, etc. Our offense also didn't look particularly sharp in Week 1 (though we were playing Seattle).

I'd love for us to blow Atlanta out - a 45-10 shellacking or something - just to reassert our authority over that franchise.

Reactions: TW
Don't like all the injuries already. In just one short week key guys are showing up on the injury report

BB
Bak
Daniels
Brice all questionable. im gonna bet they play but just don't like seeing these guys getting banged up already

Something to think about. Questionable means roughly a 50% chance a guy will play. That means we'll probably lose 2 or 3 of these guys to the inactive list.

In Bulaga's case, it's probably a foregone conclusion that he's not going to play, or at least won't play long. Not only has he been battling an injured ankle, the flu bug caught him, and he was sent home from practice at least twice. From what I heard, he never even had time with the training crew, to work on his ankle. That makes it a little more difficult for him, since he hasn't been able to work to strengthen it, and stay on track physically, to play.

Bakhtiari has a hamstring injury. If he plays, there's an extremely high possibility he will cause more damage to the hamstring, and could end up missing an extensive amount of time. Looking back at how it happened with Matthews missing time, and I'm almost saying that they should leave him out of the game plan, and get him well, for the entire season. We don't need him hobbled like Matthews was when he had the same problem.

Without Daniels, we have absolutely no inside push to the QB. The guy "is" our anchor, and forces QBs to make decisions sooner than they'd like. He also anchors against the run as well as anyone I've seen so far this year. He'll probably play some, but won't be as effective. Someone has to step up.

Brooks is out. Concussion. Enough said.

Brice will probably suit up, but play very little. I'd guess he's going to have his hand well protected. It might effect tackling, and the ability to catch a football, so he could be a scratch come game time. Hard to say.

This is a pretty large number of players already hurting, just one game in. I hope we don't continue in this direction.

Something to think about. Questionable means roughly a 50% chance a guy will play. That means we'll probably lose 2 or 3 of these guys to the inactive list.

In Bulaga's case, it's probably a foregone conclusion that he's not going to play, or at least won't play long. Not only has he been battling an injured ankle, the flu bug caught him, and he was sent home from practice at least twice. From what I heard, he never even had time with the training crew, to work on his ankle. That makes it a little more difficult for him, since he hasn't been able to work to strengthen it, and stay on track physically, to play.

Bakhtiari has a hamstring injury. If he plays, there's an extremely high possibility he will cause more damage to the hamstring, and could end up missing an extensive amount of time. Looking back at how it happened with Matthews missing time, and I'm almost saying that they should leave him out of the game plan, and get him well, for the entire season. We don't need him hobbled like Matthews was when he had the same problem.

Without Daniels, we have absolutely no inside push to the QB. The guy "is" our anchor, and forces QBs to make decisions sooner than they'd like. He also anchors against the run as well as anyone I've seen so far this year. He'll probably play some, but won't be as effective. Someone has to step up.

Brooks is out. Concussion. Enough said.

Brice will probably suit up, but play very little. I'd guess he's going to have his hand well protected. It might effect tackling, and the ability to catch a football, so he could be a scratch come game time. Hard to say.

This is a pretty large number of players already hurting, just one game in. I hope we don't continue in this direction.
FYI TW, RP explained Daniels was a hand injury,he's playing... even if he has a hand cast he's 98% in Sunday.

Also remember they got rid of the 'probable' category last year, so now guys who are likely to play are still clumped in with the questionable guys. If they still had it I bet Daniels and Brice would be probable. Bahk has practiced in pads to whatever degree so I assume he'll give it a go. I'd like to think Bulaga would too but he's probably still dehydrated so probably better to rest him another game.

Huh, I hadn't seen that. The only info I saw was about his hand being wrapped.

I think the Packers are hungry to beat the Falcons after last years NFCC game debacle. I expect them to come out just as hungry as the Falcons even though the Falcons have their new stadium opener. I'm expecting a high scoring game with the Packers hanging on to win at the end.

Like TW said, it's going to take a lot more than one game of good defense after all the bad defense I've seen over the years for me to consider the defense fixed. I'm expecting a shootout.

Packers 33
Falcons 27

Back