Official Week 6 Green Bay vs San Diego Thread

to me, it seems like the days of "parity" are over in the nfl. there are 19 teams with losing records (nine of them have one win or less), and one with a .500 record. less than a dozen teams with winning records. the phrase "on any given sunday . . ." isn't all that true any more.

Never take San Diego (any other team) for granted at any time even if they are wounded and banged-up and may be have some of those njury attrition things like the Packers are also facing. I think it was Minnesota who is the only team that BLEW 'EM OUT (17 points?) handing them a 31-14 loss this season. I think the rest of their games WINS and LOSSES have been within 5 points or less points.

A. For Packers team use HOME at Lambeau and your fans as motivators and helpers to your team. Lambeau is your house. Keep it your house by playing to win. Your Lambeau HOME is the best and the best place to WIN a game!

B. Still some unbeaten teams in the NFL and at some point if some remain unbeaten (through all 8 games or half of the regular season) there is going to be that dayummm media rabble ala 1972 Dolphins schtuff happening. My "crystal ball" says so - and noooooooooo way can the talk/rabble of we fans and press be allowed to be a distraction to the Packers PLAYERS COACHES TEAM ultimate goals of getting to, winning NFC Championship, moving forward and winning the Super Bowl. Winning week by week - moving forward - getting over NFC game hump - getting to that Biggest Football Dance and being WORLD CHAMPIONS - that's the goal. A team wants to be the SUPER at the very end - gotta WORK hard at it and on it each football week.

C. HOWEVER a lot of us fans are appropriately PROUD of the Packers and that BIG FAT ZERO under the LOSS column. Immediately following this HOME game is certainly time to keep that BIG FAT ZERO right where it is "intact." - Kaye

No one and I mean NO ONE, comes into our house and pushes us around.

San Diego's defensive line is one of the worst in the league in sacks. We should be able to throw all day on them. AR is pissed about last week and this will be a great game for the young WR's to get some confidence. We should be able to put up 30 plus on this defense.

San Diego's offense is one of the worst running the football. Stuff the run, cover Gates, and get pressure on Rivers with 4 or 5 and we should be able to hold their offense to 17-20. points.

31-17 Packers

All of SD's games except for MIN have been close. Yes, GB should win easily. But Rivers is one of the better QB's in the league so you can't count him out.

Take care of business, no stupid penalties, do your job, win...

Note that Aaron Rodgers is 186 yards away from 30,000 for his career. If he hits that number within the next 67 pass attempts he will break Johnny Unitas' record for fastest QB to hit that marker. Heading into some lofty territory here (but also a reminder of how ahead of his time Unitas was).

Note that Aaron Rodgers is 186 yards away from 30,000 for his career. If he hits that number within the next 67 pass attempts he will break Johnny Unitas' record for fastest QB to hit that marker. Heading into some lofty territory here (but also a reminder of how ahead of his time Unitas was).
so he has to average 2.8 yards per pass attempt over the next couple games. or - more likely - he will break the record at home against san diego.

No one and I mean NO ONE, comes into our house and pushes us around.
I'm sure you didn't put that in just to hurt those of us that believe the regular season is just there to lay a foundation for the championship run. The 2011 and 2014 seasons ended in our house ("pushes us around" is subjective, but losing has to be pretty close). Next week is a regular season game, and that record is indeed phenomenal, but I think in terms of the pre-Favre era, when what you say meant something at the end.

5 Chargers Offensive Lineman sat out during practice yesterday per Jason Wilde retweet. Unless of a complete meltdown this one could get ugly fast.

Back