Official what is wrong with Aaron Rodgers thread

You're right. I should have said, "The good news about mental struggles is *sometimes* all it takes is one good game. Thursday's game against the Bears may just be that opportunity *to at least begin turning it around*".

oak, I really respect the heck out of your opinions and insights around here. I hope you didn't take that as an attack. I just get hesitant because we seen the game with the Lions where AR proclaimed he was back and since then, it really hasn't looked like it. Again, your points a very valid and well taken.

the game with the Lions where AR proclaimed he was back

Aaron didn't play particularly well that game either outside of the very first drive, still had a lot of the same issues: wrong reads, bad throws, etc...

Detroit was just that bad on defense until they were able to make adjustments at halftime

It's pretty clear to me that Rodgers is way off, but he's never going to get it back under MM's offense. It's a stale, predictable, and outdated scheme. Formations telegraph our play, we use the whole play clock consistently, we don't vary personnel.

I'm expecting nothing to change under MM's leadership. He goes, and Rodgers may get it back under a different coach/scheme. If we stick with the status quo, prepare to miss the playoffs. Maybe that gets MM canned so may not be the worst thing.

Aaron didn't play particularly well that game either outside of the very first drive, still had a lot of the same issues: wrong reads, bad throws, etc...

Detroit was just that bad on defense until they were able to make adjustments at halftime
Exactly crease. That's what I'm tasking about when I say that one game, against a struggling Bears team, doesn't necessarily prove that all is great in Green and Gold land.

I've read through all the posts in this thread and think everyone has touched on one thing or another, that can, or has, contributed to the Packers fall, and what's happening to Rodgers. It's an accumulation of things, not just one.

But, like has also been indicated, it's possible that one good game could do the trick. The problem is, the Packers seem headed in that direction, then the wheels come off the bus in the middle of a game. Take the Lions game as an example. Great first half, and you could see we were going to be back to less than good against the Cowboys. It just didn't last.

What made it so good during the first half? What made it so bad after that? If you know the answer, and bottle it, you could make millions, because it would be the cure for everything that goes wrong. A magical elixir that heals everything.

Mental problems create physical problems. Then the problems pyramid, and the person whose mental/physical problems are obvious begins infecting others, like Typhoid Annie. Eventually, the entire structure of the team is infected. I keep thinking of Sitton, and how he may have been the sacrificial lamb for all the problems in the locker room. If he was just a part of it, not the whole thing, it doesn't matter. It's just that the organization felt the need to do something. Had to stop the bleeding. If true, it didn't work.

What we're seeing now is the press, and fans, who worshipped at Rodgers feet turning against him. That happens all the time. You have to learn to accept the praise humbly, because if you don't, you're going to eat your words when your game deteriorates. Most athletes fail to recognize this. They can't handle it when they realize that they too have feet of clay, and will fall, for one reason or another. Rodgers is seeing his ego attacked now by the very people who treated him like a living god just a few short weeks ago. It's not humbling at this point, it's scary. You don't know where it's going from here. His psyche has to be in turmoil. No wonder he's drinking.

Favre was being kind when he said Rodgers was in a slump, and would get out of it. He can be nice, he knows that Rodgers is facing karma from his comments to him. He also knows he has an HOF ring, and Rodgers is losing his grip on getting there too. You can be humble when you know you've won.

Whether it takes one game, two games, maybe even three, it has to start against a rival. I say that because that's the bread and butter of each season. During the 70s and 80s, Packer fans felt that winning two games against the Bears was as good as a Lombardi Trophy. Sometimes you set your sights lower, so you can achieve the prize.

One game at a time. That's what it's all about at this point. If you recall, our last Lombardi Trophy came when we were a wild card entry into the playoffs. It's possible that's where we need to go again. Let's hope that McCarthy and his assistants realize that their jobs are on the line. They aren't above reproach, despite the blame of "execution" that he says repeatedly.

I remember when I was a kid, a 33 yr old player was old, washed up, past his prime. Favre spoiled us in his old age. He was an exception. Maybe Aaron is just on the downside of a good career

I've read through all the posts in this thread and think everyone has touched on one thing or another, that can, or has, contributed to the Packers fall, and what's happening to Rodgers. It's an accumulation of things, not just one.

But, like has also been indicated, it's possible that one good game could do the trick. The problem is, the Packers seem headed in that direction, then the wheels come off the bus in the middle of a game. Take the Lions game as an example. Great first half, and you could see we were going to be back to less than good against the Cowboys. It just didn't last.

What made it so good during the first half? What made it so bad after that? If you know the answer, and bottle it, you could make millions, because it would be the cure for everything that goes wrong. A magical elixir that heals everything.

Mental problems create physical problems. Then the problems pyramid, and the person whose mental/physical problems are obvious begins infecting others, like Typhoid Annie. Eventually, the entire structure of the team is infected. I keep thinking of Sitton, and how he may have been the sacrificial lamb for all the problems in the locker room. If he was just a part of it, not the whole thing, it doesn't matter. It's just that the organization felt the need to do something. Had to stop the bleeding. If true, it didn't work.

What we're seeing now is the press, and fans, who worshipped at Rodgers feet turning against him. That happens all the time. You have to learn to accept the praise humbly, because if you don't, you're going to eat your words when your game deteriorates. Most athletes fail to recognize this. They can't handle it when they realize that they too have feet of clay, and will fall, for one reason or another. Rodgers is seeing his ego attacked now by the very people who treated him like a living god just a few short weeks ago. It's not humbling at this point, it's scary. You don't know where it's going from here. His psyche has to be in turmoil. No wonder he's drinking.

Favre was being kind when he said Rodgers was in a slump, and would get out of it. He can be nice, he knows that Rodgers is facing karma from his comments to him. He also knows he has an HOF ring, and Rodgers is losing his grip on getting there too. You can be humble when you know you've won.

Whether it takes one game, two games, maybe even three, it has to start against a rival. I say that because that's the bread and butter of each season. During the 70s and 80s, Packer fans felt that winning two games against the Bears was as good as a Lombardi Trophy. Sometimes you set your sights lower, so you can achieve the prize.

One game at a time. That's what it's all about at this point. If you recall, our last Lombardi Trophy came when we were a wild card entry into the playoffs. It's possible that's where we need to go again. Let's hope that McCarthy and his assistants realize that their jobs are on the line. They aren't above reproach, despite the blame of "execution" that he says repeatedly.
Oh man, this is a great post! Yes, scared. You could see it in his eyes. And hopefully when he comes out of this (and I'm sure he will) it will have been humbling.

Budman, I enjoy reading your posts as well, thank you. The Bears are a bad team, a rival and a good opportunity for Rodgers to get back on track. I'm hoping MM gives him the green light to swing away and hopefully make more than a few big plays. Do NOT look at the ATL game as a litmus test. I'll tell you right now I wouldn't be surprised if we're 10 point dogs on this one. We have more than Rodgers struggles to overcome, injuries being the main thing. Can you imagine Matty Ice, JJ and company going against Gunter, Goodson and Hyde? It ain't going to be pretty and Rodgers will be playing from behind the whole game. Hope I'm wrong.

Back