Packers 2022 Thread

GB going to lose lot of talent to get under cap

Sorry, but until we know how AR's deal shakes out we don't really know what they'll lose. Yes, they will certainly lose some, but as of right now they are $50mil over the CAP (per Spotrac) including Adams franchise tag. If AR's deal comes in at a $30mil or less CAP hit and they do long-term deals with Alexander, Adams, PSmith and they cut ZSmith, they are under the CAP. They'll still have to cut or redo some guys like Cobb, Turner, Lewis, Lowry, etc., to sign rookies and make in-season moves, but losing those guys won't really be a huge loss of talent, even if all 4 are gone.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only way they bring back AR is because they have a plan to stay in an "all-in" mode. Not that it can't happen but they'd be total blithering idiots to bring back AR and gut the team. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but they can't be that stupid . . . I hope.FCC(

Sorry, but until we know how AR's deal shakes out we don't really know what they'll lose. Yes, they will certainly lose some, but as of right now they are $50mil over the CAP (per Spotrac) including Adams franchise tag. If AR's deal comes in at a $30mil or less CAP hit and they do long-term deals with Alexander, Adams, PSmith and they cut ZSmith, they are under the CAP. They'll still have to cut or redo some guys like Cobb, Turner, Lewis, Lowry, etc., to sign rookies and make in-season moves, but losing those guys won't really be a huge loss of talent, even if all 4 are gone.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only way they bring back AR is because they have a plan to stay in an "all-in" mode. Not that it can't happen but they'd be total blithering idiots to bring back AR and gut the team. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but they can't be that stupid . . . I hope.FCC(
Great post. What's amazing is that a lot of people, including myself, did not believe they could sign AR and Adams and get many players back. I'm willing to see what this FO can do now. They are a perplexing bunch to say the least but we're gonna see how it all shakes out very soon.

I don't think much of the Packers front office. Look what the Lions got for Stafford; look what the Seahawks got for Wilson. I get they're younger, but we could have gotten close. All we're gonna get for Rodgers is another year of not winning a Superbowl.

I hope they make me eat my shorts, but I'm not worried about it.

GB going to lose lot of talent to get under cap
What talent?

Rasul Douglas was a 1 year wonder.
Turner, we lose nothing.
Lowery, we can replace.
Z Smith isn't worth the money and can't stop the run

Campbell is the only loss that will impact us.

And other than LA who is better? Nobody in the South, maybe LA, maybe Dallas but nobody is dominant
You can't look at last yr or the rosters right now and say " Who's better" That's horse poo and you damn well know it. At this point, 31 other teams could be "better". Let's talk in August.

We can't say much right now except that the Packers were not talented enough to even get to a SB last year... at this point they are treading water. How do they get improve the team enough to even get to a SB without cap space? It's not like this team was on the cusp of greatness. They blew through a bad division and then got embarrassed by the Niners, at home. The only thing bringing Arod and Adams back does is keep status qou, not improve.

Back