Packers 2022 Thread

Quickly interject on some posts. "Constructive criticism" and "Bitching and Moaning" are in the eye of the beholder. With that statement can't emphasize enough speak your piece but do not expect everyone to share your viewpoint. That's the message. Great conversation br)

That's a broad brush to all not to anyone person or persons ( points for being political correct here );)

I no longer know what to expect from this team. On paper they look the same or a slightly weaker. I think the draft and how they draft determines if they make a deep push in the playoffs.

I also agree on the sentiment that depth is a bigger issue this season. With all the covid changes removed you can't keep all those players on PS or IR you could the past two years. So the training camp cuts become a bigger issue to get right.

As for Aaron and all the drama, I'll cheer for GB and AR the player, I have no tolerance for his whiny attitude off the field.

Spread those investments around on defense. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If a guy goes down, you can still field a good team.

Get a QB who will run the system effectively. Spread that $50/year around a little bit.
The QB has not been the problem. The problem over the last decade has been the lack of depth across the board. The personal department both on the pro side and college side has been mediocre in evaluating talent. Sure they have hit on a few but not consistently. These guys make their money in the draft on rounds 3-5 to build depth, solid starters and yes special teams. They have failed in that respect

The QB has not been the problem. The problem over the last decade has been the lack of depth across the board. The personal department both on the pro side and college side has been mediocre in evaluating talent. Sure they have hit on a few but not consistently. These guys make their money in the draft on rounds 3-5 to build depth, solid starters and yes special teams. They have failed in that respect
Well does not help when Gute gives away our mid round picks like candy to children.

It's not about being average as much as our FO lacks vision and our pro personal dept is just meh. The other thing that's maddening is the inability of some not to understand constructive criticism of the team. It's why I started my own site....that ticks me off to no end.
And that's why I continue to come here all the time. I spent way too much time on two other sites where speaking out on anything that wasn't fully positive packers was harshly dealt with.

I also think most of us myself included don't say thank you enough for a place to write and read different views. So Thanks, Mark!

I think our defense is solid our offense is meh. You got a all pro QB but a below average OL and WR's.
Borrowing from post on another thread, can't agree with you on defense:

Situational defense, however, was the Achilles’ heel. The Packers tied for 23rd on third-down efficiency at 42.9% and tied for 28th in red-zone efficiency at 66%, its highest yield in more than two decades. Only two teams, Washington (34) and Indianapolis (32), allowed more touchdown passes than Green Bay (31). By subjective count, Darnell Savage allowed the most with 8 ½.

Which ultimately gets back to evaluation. If target a guy and he hits fine but the flip side is if he’s a bust. There is a long laundry list of picks 3-5 this FO has missed on
Gute needs to learn mid round picks are you building ST picks and depth picks

Back