Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

The first fix for the RB position is to bring in someone who can replace Jones. He's too fragile at this point to be resigned long term. I think Dillon stays, and fills the role he has in the past. But, who knows?

It's going to take a fairly early pick to get someone who could be considered dependable from day one.

The first fix for the RB position is to bring in someone who can replace Jones. He's too fragile at this point to be resigned long term. I think Dillon stays, and fills the role he has in the past. But, who knows?

It's going to take a fairly early pick to get someone who could be considered dependable from day one.
Yeah thinking about Dillon, if he would accept the Jamaal Williams deal, which was what, $2-4m per year, he might be worth keeping as RB2. But they are in need of RB1, I love Jones when healthy but this is like 4-5 MCL career injuries for him and how many hamstrings, he's just breaking down in real time.

Yeah thinking about Dillon, if he would accept the Jamaal Williams deal, which was what, $2-4m per year, he might be worth keeping as RB2. But they are in need of RB1, I love Jones when healthy but this is like 4-5 MCL career injuries for him and how many hamstrings, he's just breaking down in real time.
I have no idea what's different between players from the past, and today's, at RB, but they don't seem nearly as durable as they did as little as 25 years ago.

I have no idea what's different between players from the past, and today's, at RB, but they don't seem nearly as durable as they did as little as 25 years ago.
Jones maybe isn't the norm, in that he always had a slight build lower half of his body, and two coaching staffs were always careful not to overwork him. He was always a top end 12 carry, 15-20 total touches per game guy ideally. If those were his numbers you were probably going to win that game. Go too far over it and he'd get dinged and worn down.

Back