Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

I don't think LeFleur is bad at calling plays. I think he's kind of weak at clock management on offense at the close of halves.

That's my opinion, based on what I've witnessed this year.

I traded back a spot and got an extra pick in the top 100. :)

View attachment 790
Every time I use one of these tools I can't find a way to get good value at S and often CB. Tampa might be a 4.45/4.5 guy, GB probably not going to use a day 1-2 pick on a CB who can't run well I don't think they're going to do that any more. A lot of people like Corum but I read an interesting data analysis thing showing that college RBs who have a low broken tackle/forced missed tackle rate perform poorly in the NFL, and Corum has a poor grade in that regard. Would be a risk taking him on day 2. Kinchens maybe a little reach at 25 there, it's a bit of forcing for need and if there is an athletic corner or OL or DE on the board that's the direction I think GB goes. The more I read about the S class, yes sure there is talent there but I wouldn't want them to reach for position there, especially early. I see that as a spot they try to do something in FA and then follow up with a pick.

I just think at this point GB has a lot of drafting tells: 1. they LOVE athletic freak show edge rushers, 2. speed/agility thresholds for CBs day one/two, 3. position versatile OL, no mammoth guys (6'6+, 320+ day one-two), 4. wherever the draft is strongest, pick multiple players (WR in 2022, TE in 2023, OL in 2024(?)), 5. generally they value athleticism and traits over production (went away from this with Josh Jackson and Josh Myers and got burned, but it worked out with Jayden Reed so far).

Every time I use one of these tools I can't find a way to get good value at S and often CB. Tampa might be a 4.45/4.5 guy, GB probably not going to use a day 1-2 pick on a CB who can't run well I don't think they're going to do that any more. A lot of people like Corum but I read an interesting data analysis thing showing that college RBs who have a low broken tackle/forced missed tackle rate perform poorly in the NFL, and Corum has a poor grade in that regard. Would be a risk taking him on day 2. Kinchens maybe a little reach at 25 there, it's a bit of forcing for need and if there is an athletic corner or OL or DE on the board that's the direction I think GB goes. The more I read about the S class, yes sure there is talent there but I wouldn't want them to reach for position there, especially early. I see that as a spot they try to do something in FA and then follow up with a pick.

I just think at this point GB has a lot of drafting tells: 1. they LOVE athletic freak show edge rushers, 2. speed/agility thresholds for CBs day one/two, 3. position versatile OL, no mammoth guys (6'6+, 320+ day one-two), 4. wherever the draft is strongest, pick multiple players (WR in 2022, TE in 2023, OL in 2024(?)), 5. generally they value athleticism and traits over production (went away from this with Josh Jackson and Josh Myers and got burned, but it worked out with Jayden Reed so far).
Thing is the FA safety class is pretty bad and not worth paying for.

Charley Casserly stands ready to help!
I am still leaning towards Ed Policy is promoted from within and is the guy to be named CEO in waiting and works with Murphy though guessing he won't have to work to close as he probably knows most of what Murphy already does.

I am still leaning towards Ed Policy is promoted from within and is the guy to be named CEO in waiting and works with Murphy though guessing he won't have to work to close as he probably knows most of what Murphy already does.
That's been the assumption for a number of years now and it would shock me if they went with someone else.

They'll do due diligence, and tick all the boxes, including those of insuring they interview one or more candidates who are minorities. This is one hiring they do everything to do right.

I think there's a good chance Ed Policy gets the job. I think he's been there for 11 years now, and has moved up the line after getting a promotion a few years ago. He looks like the natural pick the way it stands. Still, they need to go through the steps outlined by the NFL for inclusion, etc.

They'll do due diligence, and tick all the boxes, including those of insuring they interview one or more candidates who are minorities. This is one hiring they do everything to do right.

I think there's a good chance Ed Policy gets the job. I think he's been there for 11 years now, and has moved up the line after getting a promotion a few years ago. He looks like the natural pick the way it stands. Still, they need to go through the steps outlined by the NFL for inclusion, etc.
Not sure if team president falls in the Rooney Rule think GB can hire the first person they interview if they want too.

Back