Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

I think Barry can come back but ML will say only if he fires certain position coaches. If Barry won't do that then Barry is gone.

The only person in jeopardy would be our ST coach, and I think the onus of what's happened isn't totally on him. The LS isn't as good as what we need, and even though I think Carlson gets another year, there will be strong camp competition and he could end up ousted if he doesn't hit the marks in camp.

There's no way I'd allow those two positions to go untested.

The only person in jeopardy would be our ST coach, and I think the onus of what's happened isn't totally on him. The LS isn't as good as what we need, and even though I think Carlson gets another year, there will be strong camp competition and he could end up ousted if he doesn't hit the marks in camp.

There's no way I'd allow those two positions to go untested.
By all accounts Richie B has strong say on who stays and goes on ST. Personnel issues are on him.

I still say it wouldn’t surprise me if they moved on Barry. I get the impression that ML had to spend a lot of time forcing the defensive game plans and wants to spend less of his time doing that. If he keeps Joe Barry he is committing to another season of same old same old. They found some answers end of last year and then reverted to crumminess agains this year before ML involved himself in it. Does he want to keep doing that? Risk losing another half season to figuring this crap out?
Agreed. Barry did nothing until LaFleur got pissed, stepped in and made changes. He may stay but he didn't do anything to earn staying. If his contract is up, i think they use that to mutually part ways. We should know soon.

Agreed. Barry did nothing until LaFleur got pissed, stepped in and made changes. He may stay but he didn't do anything to earn staying. If his contract is up, i think they use that to mutually part ways. We should know soon.
Exactly. And last year that this time ML said no changes. This year he hedged and said no comment yet. Obviously there is some thought and discussion there, if he was decided he’d say so already.

Exactly. And last year that this time ML said no changes. This year he hedged and said no comment yet. Obviously there is some thought and discussion there, if he was decided he’d say so already.
And, if I recall correctly, it was stated that he didn't want to move on to another DC because he had a new QB coming in, which they didn't want to make too many changes.

honestly, i think the only reason he hedged was because he didn't want to stir up any controversy in this press conference. he wanted to keep it upbeat. since he started out by saying he hadn't had time to reach any decisions yet, he couldn't very well come out and say that he was keeping barry (or letting him go for that matter). he did mention how the defense really came together towards the end of the season, and credited that in part to the relationship between coaching staff and players, which leads me to believe that he wouldn't want to take a chance on damaging that relationship. just my take.

honestly, i think the only reason he hedged was because he didn't want to stir up any controversy in this press conference. he wanted to keep it upbeat. since he started out by saying he hadn't had time to reach any decisions yet, he couldn't very well come out and say that he was keeping barry (or letting him go for that matter). he did mention how the defense really came together towards the end of the season, and credited that in part to the relationship between coaching staff and players, which leads me to believe that he wouldn't want to take a chance on damaging that relationship. just my take.
Then hopefully, as he's said he's learned other valuable lessons, is that he learns to get into Barry's ear from the get go and get the kind of defensive play that closed out the season, to start and maintain through the season.

And, if I recall correctly, it was stated that he didn't want to move on to another DC because he had a new QB coming in, which they didn't want to make too many changes.
That’s right, forgot about that. Circumstances very different this year.

Question you got to ask is what about the players. If the players on defense push for Barry to be gone does ML listen to them?

Back