Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

The job the coaching staff did with the talent available on defense, during the last half of the season was, in my opinion, quite good. They gave the offense opportunities to do what they do best.

I don't care if there was a come to Jesus moment between Barry and LeFleur, that made him change things up, or if they decided together, that there were things that needed to happen. The fact that I care about is that it did happen.

Barry is going to have another year, and I'd venture a guess that the draft is going to bring in help.

My main concern is that they keep making the right decisions on who they pick. We need some fresh young talent that will become part of our core over the next two years.

The job the coaching staff did with the talent available on defense, during the last half of the season was, in my opinion, quite good. They gave the offense opportunities to do what they do best.

I don't care if there was a come to Jesus moment between Barry and LeFleur, that made him change things up, or if they decided together, that there were things that needed to happen. The fact that I care about is that it did happen.

Barry is going to have another year, and I'd venture a guess that the draft is going to bring in help.

My main concern is that they keep making the right decisions on who they pick. We need some fresh young talent that will become part of our core over the next two years.

TW,

I have to disagree.

Look at the D the last 7 games:

Giants- 24 points- Made a rookie QB look phenominal
Buccaneers- 34 points- Made Mayfield look like the next coming of Peyton Manning
Panthers- 30 points- Looked horrible against the worse offense in football
Vikings- 10 points- The had no QB worth anything
Bears- 9 points- It's Justin Fields
Cowboys- 32 points- Played well in the 1st half but then gave up in the 2nd and made it way closer than it needed to be
SF- 24 points- Played ok but again gave up the game winning drive at the end

I look at this list and I do not see anything different then the last 2 years. Barry needs to go.

I think the dissention was assumed after Campbell was complaining after losing the boss helmet halfway through a game…

I was looing at Aaron Jones. Right now he has a career 5.0 YPC. That makes him only one of 10 other RB in NFL history who has a career average of 5 yards or more a carry.

Checked out the ML presser. See, I come away from that thinking he’s going to make a change at DC.

For one thing he talked about process (as opposed to results). That means he’s looking at the day to day stuff, his involvement, how efficiently and how well Barry game plans, adjusts etc. The results might be good or bad but ML believes in sticking with programs and processes and that to me is one area where the D structure and coordination has been poor.

Second, he sounded urgent as hell about next season. I think he knows that this team right now could’ve been in the Super Bowl and there is urgency to get better and make strides across the board. They can’t afford a half season of bullshit on the D side like they did the past few years before he forced Barry to make adjustments. They can’t afford to give up soft, easy, timid game winning drives in the playoffs. He’s looking at Love and the offense and saying hey, our window is NOW.

I know i’m in the minority here but I think he’s going to make a move.

He better be looking at himself and the offense as well.

We had lots of putrid offense games or parts of games - like our last 4th quarter.

Defense has been a problem, but offense frequently didn't do them any favors

Back