Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

We may be looking at 3 in a row, at QB for the Packers. That would be an amazing string of talent at QB. At this point, nobody has a clue as to how high he's going to rise. He's the kind of player who will dictate where it goes, through his work ethic. I hope he doesn't lose that dedication.
He gets the "I got a work harder to get better" part of the equation, plus he has the self-motivation down pat. Those two things go a long way. HOF QB, can't spew that stuff but I'll say right now he's a solid starting QB you can build around. Ink him on a 4 year deal and let's go get another title.

He gets the "I got a work harder to get better" part of the equation, plus he has the self-motivation down pat. Those two things go a long way. HOF QB, can't spew that stuff but I'll say right now he's a solid starting QB you can build around. Ink him on a 4 year deal and let's go get another title.
Way too many players read their press clippings and think they've made it. No need to work at it any longer, I've already arrived. That's what destroys way too many careers, and for many, regardless of how much talent they have, it begins to ebb as early as while they're still in high school. Way too many "5-star recruits" who head off to college believing they've done the work, now they are just plug and play. When they get there, they see guys with a little less talent, but physically prepared to play, who beat them up in practice, and stay ahead of them in the pecking order.

Fortunately, Love isn't that kind of player. He worked hard to develop in college, and has continued to work at learning what's expected of him, and what he can expect from the players on the field with him.

If I was to point out anything that's specifically different between Love and our previous two QBs, I'd say it's his desire to keep his focus on improvement. The previous two had this penchant of believing they didn't need the extra work to be great.

Way too many players read their press clippings and think they've made it. No need to work at it any longer, I've already arrived. That's what destroys way too many careers, and for many, regardless of how much talent they have, it begins to ebb as early as while they're still in high school. Way too many "5-star recruits" who head off to college believing they've done the work, now they are just plug and play. When they get there, they see guys with a little less talent, but physically prepared to play, who beat them up in practice, and stay ahead of them in the pecking order.

Fortunately, Love isn't that kind of player. He worked hard to develop in college, and has continued to work at learning what's expected of him, and what he can expect from the players on the field with him.

If I was to point out anything that's specifically different between Love and our previous two QBs, I'd say it's his desire to keep his focus on improvement. The previous two had this penchant of believing they didn't need the extra work to be great.
So what you’re saying is he’s more like Tom Brady :p

GB needs to sign him after the UFL season is over. Another 60+ yard FG. Sign him cut Carlson and then let this guy and Joseph battle it out in camp for the job.

I wouldn't say Favre and Rodgers didn't work when they were younger. I think after they won a SB they thought they didn't have to work as hard, like many QBs. Let's hope Love wins us a title but then stays humble and continues to work hard throughout his career.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Favre and Rodgers didn't work when they were younger. I think after they won a SB they thought they didn't have to work as hard. Like many QBs, let's hope Love wins us a title but then stays humble and continues to work hard throughout his career.
That's pretty much what I saw too. I don't think that will happen with Love to be honest. He seems like the kind of guy who does have more of the Brady mentality about the game. Hopefully he'll look at it is being something you constantly work on, getting better.

At least, that's what I hope I see.

Back