Packers' Cobb: Jeff Janis 'really close' to becoming key contributor

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Packers' Cobb: Jeff Janis 'really close' to becoming key contributor

I think he's really close. He has to continue to do what he has been doing in practice and in games. And when he gets those opportunities, he has been able to make the plays for Aaron (Rodgers) like he did this past week. He's a good player. He's got the ability. He has the opportunity to be something special. I think that as long as he continues to believe in himself, he can do it. It's just going to take time building that trust with Aaron. But we definitely need that from him, especially with the injuries we've had. We need Jeff to be able to step up and make some plays.

Gotta say, I don't remember so much turmoil about a QB trusting his WR than with Aaron and Janis. I mean, Brady has worked with some real stinkers at WR and you never heard about this. Those are the WR you have to work with, work with them. They'll get open or not and you'll move the ball or not. So much being made about trust, I never heard of such a thing. --end of old timer rant-- sb(

I re watched the tape and there were times that Janis was wide open and AR looked right at him. Did he throw him the ball? Nope.

Also, the deep ball that Janis caught was supposed to go to Richard Rodgers.

I just don't get this. Janis may not be able to be trusted all the time but if he is open throw him the damn ball and be a team. bh(

Right on. It's the coaches' and GM's job to put 11 men on the field, and the quarterback's job to use them. If he's open, throw it to him. If he drops it, it's his position coach's job to get in his grill and teach him how to do what he's supposed to do. This is getting ridiculous. I feel like I'm watching a soap opera or something.

Gotta say, I don't remember so much turmoil about a QB trusting his WR than with Aaron and Janis. I mean, Brady has worked with some real stinkers at WR and you never heard about this. Those are the WR you have to work with, work with them. They'll get open or not and you'll move the ball or not. So much being made about trust, I never heard of such a thing. --end of old timer rant-- sb(

Brady is pretty much the same way. He makes hay with a few guys he trusts. There have been a long line of WR busts in NE. Chad Ocho Cinco had success in Cincy, but he was too stupid to work in NE's system. Should Brady have changed the offense to get him involved or throw to the guys who knew what they were doing?

The fact that Janis was getting snaps even before the Montgomery injury last week is evidence to support Cobb's claim. He's getting there. I think we just need to be patient.

I re watched the tape and there were times that Janis was wide open and AR looked right at him. Did he throw him the ball? Nope.

Also, the deep ball that Janis caught was supposed to go to Richard Rodgers.

I just don't get this. Janis may not be able to be trusted all the time but if he is open throw him the damn ball and be a team. bh(

Well, he did throw it to him 4 times. His 2 completions were on plays where Rodgers was scrambling. According to A. Rodgers, Janice was the target on the long completion, not Richard Rodgers. I don't know if other players disputed that, but that's what Aaron said. sh))

Jason Wilde said the all 22 footage shows that on the plays where Janis was thought to be open but not thrown to, he was in the line of fire. Another trait of Rodgers that people may or may not like is that he doesn't throw his receivers into danger of a big hit. I guess he was mad at himself for doing that on the hit that caused Quarless to get injured.

You guys do know if Adams and MOntgmory are back after the bye week Janis is back to #5 and will see little action most likely.

You guys do know if Adams and MOntgmory are back after the bye week Janis is back to #5 and will see little action most likely.
The Packers use packages if Janis is in the package he sees the field. It's about scheme against the team we play in a certain week, not 12345

The Packers use packages if Janis is in the package he sees the field. It's about scheme against the team we play in a certain week, not 12345

Your correct they use packages but they did not include Janis in any on field packages san 1 before Adams was injured. I would disagree it's scheme by week/team anymore in GB line of thinking.

They adjust on the fly in no huddle so much that all the packages are really kind of for not. Janis and Abby just don't have the reps with Aaron yet to be full time effective WR.

I am not disagreeing with what anyone of you are saying but when you see a WR wide open at least twice and AR looks right at them and does not throw the ball to them it seems suspect.

I may be over analyzing this but it's what I do. sh))

To be perfectly honest Arod seems to be a bit stuck up it seems with his WR's sometimes. If Janis hasn't earned his trust by now, when he's wide open. Then either Arod is being too critical about it, or Janis shouldn't be out there at all. Second years of "oh he needs to earn more trust, just not there yet". Sorry you guys are professionals. Deal with who you have. The Brady thing is a valid point. He doesn't turn everyone into good WR's. But he uses what he has. And every year it seems some nobody contributes.

Reminds me of something Favre said once about not even knowing the names of all the guys in the huddle. IMO Arod still hasn't reached his full potential, and this is one of the things that's holding him back. I think his level of needing "trust" holds him back. Almost a weakness really. Which is scary considering how good he is now...

Back