Packers need more production at tight end

I actually think TE has been the bright spot. The WR corp is where I see the need for more production. I'd like to see more out of R Rodgers but he has done ok so far. Can't say Cobb, jones or Adams have done enough.

I actually think TE has been the bright spot. The WR corp is where I see the need for more production. I'd like to see more out of R Rodgers but he has done ok so far. Can't say Cobb, jones or Adams have done enough.

fair point... problem I have with Rodgers is he has no real YAC threat. He catches it, and then he's down. And he's still missing blocks. But he is the best TE we have right now. Just wish that for such a high pick he would be doing more.

Also a fair point CD. Not interested in looking it up but as a team we really suck at YAC. Rodgers seems to hit these guys on back shoulder throws or comeback routes or he doesn't pass it to them.

Going to sway your topic CD.... posting 4 different photos of GB offense over the last 4-5 years. Base formation in those games;

cobb3_crop_exact.png

Screen-shot-2012-10-03-at-6.08.18-PM.png

Rodgers.png

0ap2000000307529.jpg

OK now ... you see some of the route combo's etc BUT what's really truly different by formation ? Do you see the tendencies here ?

Last edited:
I may be missing the point here. But it seems to me that the guys who would typically be Arods first 2 reads get sent downfield, meaning he has to wait for their routes to develop. By that time if those aren't open he doesn't have much time to find the outlet/shorter route receiver who would already have finished the route and been covered by the time Arod would look their way...

I may be missing the point here. But it seems to me that the guys who would typically be Arods first 2 reads get sent downfield, meaning he has to wait for their routes to develop. By that time if those aren't open he doesn't have much time to find the outlet/shorter route receiver who would already have finished the route and been covered by the time Arod would look their way...

Nice piece of it. Look at the formation it's self. Really the same base regardless with a few moderation's. My point was it's really not a rocket science offense to figure out for a DC.

If I get fast pressure # 12 HAS to make a decision most likely before he wants... if I can play press man I got your hinder and there isn't crap your going to do about in your base.

hey, i noticed a pattern. there always seems to be five big guys lined up pretty close together in the middle and one guy who stands like two or three yards behind the one in the middle of those five guys. then there's one more guy who usually stands somewhere behind those five big guys in the middle. then there's four more guys who kind of shift around a little but usually two of them are standing pretty far away from everybody else.

hey, i noticed a pattern. there always seems to be five big guys lined up pretty close together in the middle and one guy who stands like two or three yards behind the one in the middle of those five guys. then there's one more guy who usually stands somewhere behind those five big guys in the middle. then there's four more guys who kind of shift around a little but usually two of them are standing pretty far away from everybody else.

Great. Go ahead, just post it on the internet. You do realize, don't you, that Carolina's coaches are probably reading the board just in case someone gives away inside information like that?

Now they know exactly how to scheme for us. You may have just handed them the game.

Back