Packers open to having veteran backup QB compete with Brett Hundley

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Does Packers GM Brian Gutekunst favor a veteran backup quarterback or does he prefer the draft-and-develop approach with someone like Brett Hundley?

home

Continue reading...

"Open" to it? WTF choice do they have? He's a failure.

EDIT: This really speaks to the culture change that needs to happen in GB. They have to stop assuming that AR will play 16 healthy games. Build the team as if having AR is a part of the team, not the only player on the team that matters. Part of that means not treating the backup QB spot as a MM ego project.

Sad thing is I looked at the vet QBs out there in FA it's crap. Best out there is probably Matt Moore after him you are looking at slim pickings.

Sad thing is I looked at the vet QBs out there in FA it's crap. Best out there is probably Matt Moore after him you are looking at slim pickings.

They may need to wait it out a little. Some guys always come free after the draft and then as camp goes on and snaps dwindle.

Hundley has all the shortcomings he showed at UCLA. All the time in our system changed nothing. They think it will magical change how ? I am with Mark. Cut him or Trade him and move on.

Yup, time to move on. You have to poke around and wait things out and a veteran back-up may become available, especially after the draft. You can't keep Hundley as the #2 at this point - last season showed you that. You can't keep Hundley as your #3 - that's a spot best reserved for a truly young guy you want to groom for a couple of years. Therefore, there is no rational reason to keep him around. Package him during the draft if you possibly can or cut him and move on once you identify a veteran.

Back