Packers trade quarterback Brett Hundley to Seattle Seahawks

I try not to read too much into anything from that group anymore. Does this mean Gute holds sway over MM? Maybe MM was tired of Hundley as well but was pumping him up and not throwing him under the bus. Who knows what to believe from this bunch. Everyone assumes MM loved Hundley, but these guys talk out of both sides of their mouth to the press all the time. Mike might have been pissed that Hundley crapped the bed so badly last year and wanted him gone as well because it make him look bad.

I pretty much felt Hundley was done when they traded for Kizer. Gute wasn't going to dump Kizer after trading for him. I'm thinking MM was good with the Kizer deal as well - I'm sure if the Packers scouted him MM was probably involved. I think seeing Boyle perform made it all that much easier to dump Hundley. Both Kizer and Boyle have better arms than Hundley and that may be what MM wanted all along. Maybe Hundley was Ted's guy and MM wasn't 100% sold on him.

While I think coaches favor one player over another, it’s human nature. At the end of the day you put the best 53 out there that give you a chance to win. From what I understand McCarthy liked Hundley but, JMO he understood that they missed on the evaluation and it was time to try and get some value for him. And then the Boyle factor helped the organization move on with some talent to develop

Cheers to the end of Hundley and now.keeping Boyle. Finally a GM getting it right.

Agree with Pack. Its been done in the past.

Reactions: ski
The price of gum just went up in Seattle.

I try not to read too much into anything from that group anymore. Does this mean Gute holds sway over MM? Maybe MM was tired of Hundley as well but was pumping him up and not throwing him under the bus. Who knows what to believe from this bunch. Everyone assumes MM loved Hundley, but these guys talk out of both sides of their mouth to the press all the time. Mike might have been pissed that Hundley crapped the bed so badly last year and wanted him gone as well because it make him look bad.

I pretty much felt Hundley was done when they traded for Kizer. Gute wasn't going to dump Kizer after trading for him. I'm thinking MM was good with the Kizer deal as well - I'm sure if the Packers scouted him MM was probably involved. I think seeing Boyle perform made it all that much easier to dump Hundley. Both Kizer and Boyle have better arms than Hundley and that may be what MM wanted all along. Maybe Hundley was Ted's guy and MM wasn't 100% sold on him.

I sure hope so. If your GM doesn't hold sway over your HC you've screwed up your power structure.

Now we know why MM was talking Hundley up and letting him play so much in the preseason games.

The Packers saved face by trading Hundley, even if they thought they'd never get the draft pick offered. It means they got "value" for him, not just dumped him.

It also gives them range to keep Boyle by going with 3 QBs, and after next year, he could be the back up to Rodgers for another 3 years, possibly more.

Going to be several other QBs teams try to move in next couple days.

Back