Panic Starting?

Terranimal

Reaction score
First day of FA and one would think the world is collapsing in Packer Land on FB and Packer Fan sites. First day is almost always teams with desperate needs due to poor drafting and / or bad cap decisions over paying.

Rarely does an elite player (like a White) in their prime becomes available because they get tagged. More likely is it that a player didn't realize potential and was over paid, coming off injuries, entering late stage of career, or some type of problem- legal, locker room etc.

Yes, was disappointed that we weren't able to get a couple of players but IMO teams over paid for them. There are still good players out there and am hoping TT makes a move or two to help the front seven on Defense. Wouldn't mind a vet TE if the price is right.

Last edited:
Bad teams always go out and throw out very stupid money the first few days of FA and it very rarely pays off. Look at the Giants they committed over 105 million dollars in guaranteed money yesterday. The smart teams will wait a week or two wait till all the big name guys are gone and teams with money to burn have spent it then the other better teams will go out and find the 2nd and third tier guys for cheap. Then there will be other teams who will wait a couple more weeks till agents and players get deseperate and are willing to almost take anything to get their guys signed before teams fill needs through the draft. Then you have the Green Bay Packers and Ted Thompson who wold not sign a guy for half a ham sandwhich. LOL

Of the guys who signed yesterday I thought Trevathan and Forte would have been fits. I don't care a lick that they signed elsewhere, neither was a savior. If Packer fans aren't used to the free agency song and dance by now, I don't know what to tell you.

I thought we had a shot at Forte and think he would have been a good pickup. I expected all along that Trevathan would reunite with Fox in Chicago so that one doesn't bother me a bit. Ladarius Green was the only other signing from yesterday that I think that we should have been "in" on. But with 31 other teams competing for the same guys, you're going to get outbid most of the time unless you spend stupid money or the player just really wants to be on your team.

Think we might see 1 to 3 FAs this year, but only if the market/ price is right. Some players out there still as this only the start.

Think we might see 1 to 3 FAs this year, but only if the market/ price is right. Some players out there still as this only the start.
Vet min would be TT's price and have to make the roster.

So far nothing on day one has knocked me over. A couple of guys would've been nice, but I don't think anyone was a "no brainier how could you not get him sort of guy".
The Packers need to improve at TE and ILB, that much is clear. It's March 10th and opening game is in September. I am not worrying about it yet.
Now, if there are NO improvements at all and those positions are the same, I'll be upset. But to early to lose my mind.

Back