Poll: Will MM and TT be fired

Will Thompson and or McCarthy be fired at the end of the season.

• Yes Both

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes Just Thompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Just McCarthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyecatcher

Reaction score
This is not asking do you want them fired but rather will they be fired.

TT might be gone, but it will be his decision. They won't fire him. If he walks, the new GM could give MM one more year. Maybe sign a FA or two and let the 'very successful coach' (if he does say so himself) make or break himself.

Agree with Dubz. While I would prefer to clean house, it's unlikely to happen. His scenario does seem plausible. TT may not get fired, but may quit totally on his own, or be prodded by MM (Mark Murphy) and the BOD. That could lead to some bigger things, but I suspect DC is gone along with a couple of defensive coaches and maybe even the WR coach - a position that does not seem to have shown much development since last year.

No, they won't be fired.

TT may step down, DC may 'retire' and we may get a new defensive staff but don't think any of the big three will be outright relieved of duties by a superior.

I doubt they would even consider firing Capers to be honest. The sure fire way for both Thompson and McCarthy to be shown as failures during 2017 would be trying to introduce a different defense to a defense that's already in turmoil, and geared to the 3-4 of Capers.

I doubt they would even consider firing Capers to be honest. The sure fire way for both Thompson and McCarthy to be shown as failures during 2017 would be trying to introduce a different defense to a defense that's already in turmoil, and geared to the 3-4 of Capers.

the only way that mm fires dc is if it's a desperation move to deflect the blame for a crappy season. but i agree that it would most likely backfire and expose the real problems. my guess is that the most we're going to see is a change in the special teams coaching staff.

Perhaps Dom will "retire"?
Very plausible. Then, if you want to stay with continuity, Trgovac is right there:

2002 Under Trgovac’s tutelage, DE Julius Peppers was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

In 2003, Trgovac’s inaugural season as a defensive coordinator, Carolina’s defense ranked eighth in the NFL in yards (295.3) and 10th in points (304), and held top-10 rankings in a handful of other categories.

Just speculating.

Back