Post Game Bucs Defeat Packers 31-26

One problem with that, his $$$ hinders the front office from doing that. Then you look at the other heavy $$ guys like Adams and Bak. Who goes to get more $$ to build around. A lot of the teams that can do this have younger guys on better deals etc. So you see it sounds fantastic but with a cap in place you can't go out like Ron Wolf did and build all these pieces around a guy... your drafting and personal elevation has to be near perfect to pull that off.

Rodgers is hindering and can further hinder the issue unless he wants to take a pay cut what you see is what you get.
Yep said before Rodgers wants this team to go all in. He needs to put money were is mouth is take a paycut so team can spend.

Wow, scary statistic! I believe it, I've watched every one of those games, ugh. I've often said Rodgers is not cool under pressure. But notice it said, "Aaron Rodgers has never won a game in which he trailed by more than one point..." and not "The Green Bay Packers while Aaron Rodgers was QB..." My recollection of many (most?) of those games was not Rodgers but a poor defense, 4th and 26, Bostick, etc. losing them.

I just think putting it all on Rodgers as the only reason for only one SB in his tenure and Murf's statistic you posted is too tunnel-visioned and am trying to argue why. We're probably on the same page.

The catch 22 is that in this league you have to pay for 3 premium positions, QB, LT and edge rushers. And when you do that (Rodgers, Bak, Smith) it’s next to impossible to fill every hole on your roster. Hell Tampa was picking what top 10-15 for a few years and was able to secure David, White, Evans. The missing piece was QB.

One problem with that, his $$$ hinders the front office from doing that. Then you look at the other heavy $$ guys like Adams and Bak. Who goes to get more $$ to build around. A lot of the teams that can do this have younger guys on better deals etc. So you see it sounds fantastic but with a cap in place you can't go out like Ron Wolf did and build all these pieces around a guy... your drafting and personal elevation has to be near perfect to pull that off.

Rodgers is hindering and can further hinder the issue unless he wants to take a pay cut what you see is what you get.
Yes, I agree - Rodgers (QB) $$$ does hinder getting talent and doesn't help his cause. But drafting has been far from perfect lately. Bottom of the league drafting lately, IMO.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree - Rodgers (QB) $$$ does hinder getting talent and doesn't help his cause. And drafting has been far from perfect lately. Bottom of the league drafting lately, IMO.
Thing is when you pick in the late 20s nearly every season, unless you get lucky you are not going to hit that playmaker there at the pick.

Thing is when you pick in the late 20s nearly every season, unless you get lucky you are not going to hit that playmaker there at the pick.
No it’s not luck it’s evaluation. Look over the last few drafts and there were impact guys drafted.

Rodgers : "Ultimately my future is not necessarily in my control. That kind of hit me in the moment. .... "I don't think there's any reason I wouldn't be back. But there's not any absolutes in this business."

This is one of those games that I thought I was able to get over by Sunday night but the more I've thought about it yesterday and today the harder time I am having letting it go. Just a failure to execute nearly all the things we had been doing all season (no turnovers, red zone success rate, offensive line giving Rodgers time to operate) to be successful on offense in the most critical moments of the season.

Back