Post Game GB Beats the Vikings 33- 10

+ Love - Best he's looked this year. I'm not a fan of how often he throws off his back foot but it works because he's seeing the pressure and the gaps in the secondary. And damn he looks cool navigating the pocket.

+ MLF - he takes a lot of flac on this board but he called a great game tonight. You could nitpik some of deep calls and the 4th down call but overall, very nice game against a decent defense on the road.

+ Bo Melton - Who is this guy and where did he come from?

+ 2024 begins with a whole lot of Vikings fans gnashing their teeth as they leave to sit on their frozen lakes, inside their little huts. And that warms the cockles of my heart.

I'll give Barry a mulligan this week. Hard to give him props when they played arguably the worst QB in the league last night. But defense did play well.

Every week, our receivers astound the opposition with their play. These young players haven't even reached the pinnacle of what they will be, and they're turning heads. Tucker Kraft. He's supposed to be 2nd to Musgrave. I don't know about that. He looks pretty good. Not a guy who's going to be a back up. He belongs out there. Of course, so does Musgrave from what we've seen to this point. As far as wide receivers, our best, Watson, is on the bench with an injury. Never mind. Reed stepped up and got over 100 yard receiving. But it isn't just him. It's every guy we've got, that we put on the field. Doubs making key catches to keep crucial drives alive. He does it week after week. It's not a fluke. Then there's Milton. Yeah! A guy off the practice squad who looks like he wants to grab a lot field time. He might be a respectable ball catcher. So far he's shown he could be.

But, there two major things behind the success of all these young players. First is Jordan Love. The guy has shown, week after week, that the Packers did not make a mistake getting him under contract. He has shown the leadership, poise, and skill to make everyone quite happy with he being here to fill the shoes of a future Hall of Fame QB. In fact, if you want to throw out the possibility that Love himself could be headed for Canton in the future, people might not laugh at you anymore. You just don't know. He looks pretty good out there for his first year leading the team.

The second thing that's there is the offensive coaching staff, the creativeness they have shown in putting all these individual characters together, and the wisdom to see things in each of them, that has made them improve before our eyes, much faster than anyone can imagine.

Despite the defensive problems, we have to be happy about where we're at. The future is bright. We have the offense, and starting next year, the building of a solid defense begins.

Didn’t see the whole game but what I did see just more evidence Love is legit. Decision making, poise, timing. He’s really come into his own. ML offense might be genius in its simplicity right how. Melton wasnt running crazy routes or beating guys with speed or agility, he ran simple routes and the Vikings didn’t cover him, Love found him. Almost like the Vikings def was over thinking things. Same with Reed. The good thing was those guys were running the correct routes.

As for the defense…. Vikings WR were open all night, often behind GB secondary. But when you have 4th string JV guys as your QB it’s easy to look good. The stats and scoreline look good but not impressive overall. The good thing they all get to feel good about it after being so bad for weeks.

He's going to finish with 4k yards and 30+ TDs, say under 15 INT. Did we make predictions about his stats this year? Would love to know if anyone was bold enough to predict that level of production with the WR/TE group being so young. Then you throw in the injuries to DB, Jones, Watson. Geez.

To go on the road with Reed, Doubs, Kraft and Melton and drop 30+ on any team is just crazy. He has that Favre sort of thing where it doesn't matter who is out there, he'll throw just as confidently to Bo Melton as he would to Davante Adams. So cool to see him come along and develop this way in real time.

He's going to finish with 4k yards and 30+ TDs, say under 15 INT. Did we make predictions about his stats this year? Would love to know if anyone was bold enough to predict that level of production with the WR/TE group being so young. Then you throw in the injuries to DB, Jones, Watson. Geez.

To go on the road with Reed, Doubs, Kraft and Melton and drop 30+ on any team is just crazy. He has that Favre sort of thing where it doesn't matter who is out there, he'll throw just as confidently to Bo Melton as he would to Davante Adams. So cool to see him come along and develop this way in real time.
I said before season if he had a 25 TD and 12 INT season that would be great.

Nice to see MLF and Love clicking on the plays. Reed continues to look impressive. Welcome Bo Melton - passing up Heath and Toure on the team... played better than Doubs too. Kraft continues to be impressive. Jones looked like he was back and healthy. We didn't miss Jaire or Stokes at CB at all.

Oh and Love... 3843 yards and 30 TDs on the season, just fantastic!

The one thing I wanted to come of this season was to see if Jordan Love was a legit NFL QB. Not only did he prove that... he has been one of the better ones in the second half of the season.

Back