Post Game, GB drops a close one 19-17 to Denver

This nails it. It just seems like a lackluster group. I kow it's a young group and I'm hoping those WR's and TE's grow and evolve into some solid playmakers, but right now, it's as you say.
Another issue that falls in Gutey. That WR group is young and they have nobody to look up to and learn from….

So here is the thing.....

My issues lie more with ML right now. He had two weeks to prepare for a horrible Denver team and we scored 0 points in the first half. How is that even possible?

I realize we have a bad o-line but when you go back and look at the game, they actually played better than against the Raiders and we did move the football at times.

There is no improvement with anyone right now and that is on coaching. They all look like they do not care what happens the rest of the season. There is no effort out there right now. ML also does not seem to know how to fix it and that is a big issue.

Lastly, some people may be saying the defense played well last night but I disagree. We again gave up 145 yards on the ground and they averaged 5.8 yards per carry. The defense also allowed the drive at the end of the game for Denver to go up 1 with the FG. They never seem to stop teams when it matters most.

I know this team is young and there is going to be some bad games and bad plays throughout the season but there is no improvement right now. None. That is my biggest issue and concern.

Last edited:
I know this team is young and there is going to be some bad games and bad plays throughout the season but there is no improvement right now. None. That is my biggest issue and concern.
This and the injuries are mounting. The year, although fairly young, seems like a disaster at this point. Can only go up from here!

There is no improvement with anyone right now and that is on coaching. They all look like they do not care what happens the rest of the season. There is no effort out there right now. ML also does not seem to know how to fix it and that is a big issue
I’d quibble with the effort piece of this a little bit. I see some guys playing with fire. Rasul plays like he gives a damn. Kraft, Reed, Musgrave, I see a lot of effort there and excitement. Guys like Walker i think it’s that he’s just in over his head at this point. Everything is too fast for him and he stands around looking like he doesn’t know what to do. Don’t think that’s an effort thing, to me it’s like being thrown into the middle of a line dance where you don’t know the moves. That is on coaching and just roster management. They can’t put him out there any more.

AJ Dillon, i’m sorry but he looks like he wants to go home and read to his kid. Even making some good runs and catch and runs, he looks like he doesn’t want to be there. That sort of thing happens but again, coaching staff can’t keep trotting guys like that out there. Where in the world is the accountability?

I’d quibble with the effort piece of this a little bit. I see some guys playing with fire. Rasul plays like he gives a damn. Kraft, Reed, Musgrave, I see a lot of effort there and excitement. Guys like Walker i think it’s that he’s just in over his head at this point. Everything is too fast for him and he stands around looking like he doesn’t know what to do. Don’t think that’s an effort thing, to me it’s like being thrown into the middle of a line dance where you don’t know the moves. That is on coaching and just roster management. They can’t put him out there any more.

AJ Dillon, i’m sorry but he looks like he wants to go home and read to his kid. Even making some good runs and catch and runs, he looks like he doesn’t want to be there. That sort of thing happens but again, coaching staff can’t keep trotting guys like that out there. Where in the world is the accountability?
I see a lack of effort on the defense. they're not hustling to the ball, and #20 Ford, at safety, is standing around waiting for someone else to make the tackle; they look like they're playing to not get hurt. Which, by the way, is how you DO get hurt.

I agree with you on Rasul. He is giving his all on every play. The rookies do seem to be giving full effort as well.

Maybe I should rephrase and say there is no fire in any of these players except a few. Essentially, there is no leadership on either side of the ball it seems.

My issues lie more with ML right now. He had two weeks to prepare for a horrible Denver team and we scored 0 points in the first half. How is that even possible?
Because no one blocks worth spit, The WR group is meh and tends not to know where to run routes, the RB is hot/cold at best etc, and so on. Even the best chef can't make fillet mignon out of 80/20 ground beef. I don't think a different play-caller would get much more out of this group... really don't.

That sort of thing happens but again, coaching staff can’t keep trotting guys like that out there. Where in the world is the accountability?
Who the hell do I trot out in their place? For example, if Dillion stinks, Jones is out you have Wilson who hasn't shown much and they signed a washed-up guy last week. Time to admit we have no depth and what you see is what you get unless Gute wants to do some wheeling and dealing.

I agree with you on Rasul. He is giving his all on every play. The rookies do seem to be giving full effort as well.

Maybe I should rephrase and say there is no fire in any of these players except a few. Essentially, there is no leadership on either side of the ball it seems.
100% on leadership but that has been an issue for a decade now. Bakhtiari was a leader but he was out there in Chicago giving the finger to the crowd, like what is that? Rodgers game day demeanor was terrible but he had so much legitimacy as a player that his presence i think could hold a room together. Even that’s all gone now.

On Rasul, he’s having a great season and i think that’s exactly why i would trade him. He has one year left i think, he’s not going to be part of the future of this team. He’s a starting caliber outside corner on a reasonable deal, would Buffalo part with a 2nd to shore up their D? Would also think KC, Jax, Dallas might be interested.

Kenny Clark is the other guy I’d try to move. Might be harder because he has a big cap hit next year but another team could rework that deal and make it more team friendly for themselves. Love the player, but personally i think he needs a fresh start to get back to form.

Jaire has that back and the contract, i think he’s untradeable right now.

Back