Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

Here's one rule tweak - only the referee (who I believe is lined up behind the QB) is allowed to throw roughing the passer flags. The back judges and linesman have no business making those calls because they're seeing it from an angle that may look worse than it is.
If I’m not mistaken there are 2 officials behind the QB, that was a rule change what 2-3 years ago? Agree on linesman

If I’m not mistaken there are 2 officials behind the QB, that was a rule change what 2-3 years ago? Agree on linesman
The flag on Jaire's penalty flew in from the secondary, so that's where I'm coming form. The guy with the full view should make the call.

How about just the ones where a player is injured like Adams was?
Everything is gray. If you go with this, football could turn into the 'other' futball, and we could see receivers faking injuries. And, they couldn't put in a proviso about a legit injury keeping the player out because look what happened with Adams.

"Whiny fans." Blow me. What's next, You gonna tell me to get off your lawn? You may be fine with garbage... I'm not. There are far too many bad, blown, completely missed, game affecting calls every week that just don't have to be there anymore.

"I want to stay in the dark because we've been in the dark for a hundred years" just doesn't work for me.
The new guy is going to fun to follow. :)

And likewise, the guy closest to the Adams hit didn't throw a flag, and it turns out he was right. He saw something that everyone else couldn't see.
That gets to McCaullys point that he made after the play about field positioning by officials. I don’t think it’s as simple as something procedural but it’s a start.

Two things on final fg drive that I saw on reply that I didn’t real time.

First throw to Adams our LG got away w/ a decent hold that would’ve led to inc or sack.

And our fg blocking was terrible - Niners left edge rush was unblocked and flew/dove and almost got there in time to disrupt the kick.

Matt LaFleur says Allen Lazard went to special teams coordinator Mo Drayton after the 49ers’ 68-yard return and said he wanted to play on the kickoff coverage unit so that didn’t happen again.

LaFleur: “You see Allen busting his butt and he’s the first one down every time.”

Still refs did piss poor job no matter how you cut it

Back