Post Game KC Outlasts GB 13-7

+ Defense...... linebackers flying around making stops behind the line...who knew that was legal?
It's been a pleasant surprise all year. Barnes came to play and play angry and fast. I like what I'm seeing from the backers so far.

Love didn't "Wow" me, but he didn't play all that bad - about what I would expect from someone starting his first ever in season NFL game. Jittery at times, some nice passes and some head scratchers.

O-line looked like hot/cold again, but Chiefs blitzed a ton. Defense looked solid but that two deep zone omg, To hold the Chiefs, at home, to 13 points is saying something, especially since special teams really screwed the pooch and didn't help at all.

Speaking of special teams - what a circus! MLF needs to...heck if I know, but do something about the special teams consistency. No your current ST coach isn't getting it done MLF.

Defense played great. Love struggled but showed some bright spots. I am not going to be like some idiot fans calling the kid a bust after one game starting and it's his first start in 2 years. Out ST is trash that is not in question. Also ML got out coached he had a awful game plan. He ddi not use the run game like he should have. GB played well going into one of the hardest places in the NFL to play without their starting QB and having the backup QB only have a few days to work with the starters and get ready.

At this point it can’t ALWAYS be the ST coach. We’re keeping the wrong ST guys.

We changed punters at the last minute without apparently knowing if he can hold (it appears he can’t). Scott was not a good punter but he could hold. And that’s important. And now we suddenly change long snappers.

At this point it can’t ALWAYS be the ST coach. We’re keeping the wrong ST guys.

We changed punters at the last minute without apparently knowing if he can hold (it appears he can’t). Scott was not a good punter but he could hold. And that’s important. And now we suddenly change long snappers.
I don't know if it was the holder Wing. The changed the LS before this game and that could be a huge part of it.

To summarize the game:
- Special teams was beyond awful. Sure, maybe some of it is a depth problem, but a lot of it is mental and some of that is on coaching. I hope to see a day some season soon when the Packer's special teams don't suck.
- OL forgot how to pass block. Maybe it was partly due to crowd noise and not getting off the snap fast and clean but there were too many turnstile moments. Newman was a problem today, IMO, but there were bad moments all around.
- Jordan Love was not good. Looked scared, lost, unsure, puzzled, etc. He had some good moments, but you have to at least worry a little bit about this guys future. Still too many times where he looked mentally overloaded and just plain didn't see the field at all. Not panicking, but I'm concerned. Hopefully he gets another shot next week.
- The defense did it's job, and then some. That said, KC has not been all that good this year. If the Chiefs had connected on a few more pass plays that were clearly there, this could have been uglier. Still, nice game on that side of the ball considering no Clark for most of the game and no Alexander or Stokes.

ML put in a awful game plan. KC run D is not good but was does ML do? He comes out puts the game around Love passing it to win. Had ML gone a heavy run game I think this game could have been different. I think had they asked Love to do more handoff and screen passes this could have been a different game.

Jonsie only got the ball only 12 times on the ground. 4.4 yards a carry. Why are we paying him? Dillion got it 15 times at 5.4 yards per carry. Why did we not run 40 times; especially, the way the line could not pass block. ML tends to panick when we get down by a few scores. Not good.

I will say I ripped Love tonight but ML did him no favors with how he called the game tonight.

Last edited:
Back