Post Game: Lions Beat the Packers 34-20

Young team, too many injuries, tired legs, did show some life after halftime, which means they didn't quit on it. Nothing to put blame on Love, Doubs looked good. We saw the 50/50 ball challenges where we had guys who would not give them up. That's a good sign.

The miscue, between Doubs and Love, that was an INT, was on Doubs. He knew it immediately, when he made the wrong decision on direction. It was too late, because Love was already throwing the ball. These are issues that will change with familiarity between them.

Young team, too many injuries, tired legs, did show some life after halftime, which means they didn't quit on it. Nothing to put blame on Love, Doubs looked good. We saw the 50/50 ball challenges where we had guys who would not give them up. That's a good sign.

The miscue, between Doubs and Love, that was an INT, was on Doubs. He knew it immediately, when he made the wrong decision on direction. It was too late, because Love was already throwing the ball. These are issues that will change with familiarity between them.
Ya that INt doesn’t bother me. Like you said that will change as they get more comfortable with each other. I can see what he was thinking cause that could have been a TD had Love thrown it to the corner. But these things will come. Still lots to like about potential in offense.

Ya that INt doesn’t bother me. Like you said that will change as they get more comfortable with each other. I can see what he was thinking cause that could have been a TD had Love thrown it to the corner. But these things will come. Still lots to like about potential in offense.

Pretty much what you said. Doubs saw him move left and went into scramble mode while Love threw to the original spot rather than scramble. Miscommunication, happens.

Hey, you old farts blowing off tired legs.....don't. 35 years of FB and I have seen it year after year. It's not an issue with better depth. We don't have it, it's not there. I have harked on it forever so quit acting like it's not a thing. It is

The Love factor, ready? Okay, his issue are his feet. He gets excited and tends to not set and throw. Young QB problems, see it at every level. Fixable and most of that goes away with reps. Most of you forget he only had 2 live regular series games under his belt before this year, in reality, he's a rookie.

Also please stop arguing, the offense is based on the WR being in a certain spot, ball is out of his hands before the break most of the time. WR has to be there..has to.

ML game plan sucked, burn that chart and never use it again. Gute better redial Indy and see if that price changed because we need a RB that can do 18 20 carries a game.

Defense, the scheme was okay this week. But Mark, No buts , Berry did enough but his unit got worn down. Tired legs( Yes Keg and CB it's real) You can't have -8 yards of offense and everyone magically think that won't happen. Come on guys, be real.

Quay Walker getting crap everywhere for the aFG but he was the ONLY player who went wide open all night, I'll take an aggressive mistake over lazy and sloppy every time.

ST, other than the kicker and punter this unit sucks. Not well coached at all. So much for Rich the genius (n)

Mini bye week.... rest them an extra 2 days and start working on Vegas.

Last edited:
I’m not worried about Love yet. Way too many Packers fans expect him to look like a HOF QB that has been in the league for 10 years. That isn’t realistic. Compare Love tonight to Ridder a couple weeks ago.. He’s got plenty of future in this league, but he still has a ways to go to master the offense and develop chemistry with receivers. The Lions have one of the best defenses in football. They’ve been drafting high for years, and have done reasonably well at it. It shows.

The Packers largest issue remains the coaching staff. Barely is a zero. So is Bitch-sack. How many times does a guy have to return a kick from five yards deep in the end zone before you kick him square in the junk? And WTF with Quay’s penalty? Special teams truly looks special in the short yellow bus kind of way. MLF has also mailed in some duds with poor gameplans and the continued failure to utilize Aaron Jones properly. The coaching staff is a more pressing concern to me.

The OL is a tire fire that can only be fixed through several good drafts.

Lions were the better team...but you spend the better part of a decade drafting in the top 10, you are going to amass talent.

Packers OL is hot garbage right now. Walker is probably serviceable as LT IF he's playing next to Jenkins...but not next Newman or any other stiff the Packers have. Myers is serviceable at C...but not against elite DL. Tom is promising at RT...but JRJ continues to disappoint.

We'd have lost with that OL if #12 was QB.

D continues to be what it will always be under Barry...moments of great plays surrounded by overall poor play. The Packers make plays on defense based on athleticism from highly talented draft picks. They are successful in spite of Barry.

The good news is the Packers have 2 games vs two bad teams in the next 23 days. That's a lot of time for guys to get healthy and work on fundamentals.

5-2 over the next month is entirely possible...

Back