Post Game: Lions Defeat Green Bay 30-17

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
I was dead wrong. Coming out of a bye made little difference. This team has no soul without Rodgers at QB. MM offense is just meh vs an awful Lions D.

Our defense is as Walleye put it a "shitshow". Road games ahead

In another thread, I picked the Lions 34-17. Not too far off. I wish I was totally wrong, but in all honesty, the Packers are not a playoff team, and not even a pretender to finish in 2nd place in their own division. We are nothing but a "top 6 pick" team without Rodgers on the field.

No coach, and no team, should ever be so dependent on one person to have so much talent that they carry the entire team on their shoulders for an entire year, let alone for a decade, like Rodgers has. It speaks highly of Rodgers' talent, but very poorly about the ability of the other 52 guys on the team, and the lack of coaching skills, across the board, for the entire team.

Our defense has been horrible every year. Our offense has relied totally on Rodgers and his ability to make plays, where obviously, his replacements are totally incapable of doing. We are like a ship at sea, without a rudder. McCarthy has to be the rudder, and quite honestly, he lacks the ability to make things right.

My concern is that too many people are accepting all this by saying; "It's injuries. Everyone goes through it." Of course it's injuries. One injury to be exact. Our entire team is lost without Rodgers.

I'm not going to say the obvious. We all know what has to be done.

Exactly the outcome I expected. Play conservative until they are down a few scores and never recover. Hundley had like 2 - 3 passes over ten yards the first half. Everything else was check down BS.

Hundley obviously didn't play great but open this **** up.

The defense is brutal. If you are going to play conservative on offense you need a defense. Defense is going to give up at least 24 every game. Chicago on the road will be the final test, if they can't get that done then we've dug a huge hole.

Busy day so a quick AM thoughts post.

GB has multiple issues. Our Defense as we all know needs a complete redo. I saw Dom play 4-3 under with cover 2 get burned. He tried base 34 with man coverage and it sucked...he went dime and got shredded. 100% Dom is stale but Ladies and Gents our front 7 sucks bad. Our DB need better coaching. There just isn't a dominating 4 qtr player on that defense.

Offensively, several people on this board owe Packinatl an apology. His Hundley scouting report was dead on. We wasted too much time on the guy. Now it costs us.

NOTE: Reports this AM say Bulaga is done for the year with a serious knee injury. Look for the other 2 OL they rushed back from injury to follow. ( Rushing guys back never has worked in GB, yet they keep doing it)

How bad this team is looking from on the field to the coaching staff I do not know if they can even beat a team like the Browns. There is a real chance that this team will not win a game the rest of the season if they keep playing how they have been. Though that falls right on MM and his staff. No team should be so dependet on their starting QB that without him they can do nothing at all. The coaching staff should be able to coach up the other players enough that you can at least be competive and win a few games. This coaching staff clearly can't cut it. Time in the off-season to get a new GM who clears out the coaching staff and brings in a new group with a different mindset.

I'm sure GB will win at least another game or two this season.. But everything we've seen is just more evidence to what many have said before, MM is over rated and over dependent on Arod to make him look good. And the team overall is soft and mentally weak.

There is zero excuse for the DEF to look as crappy as it does. The DEF should have stepped up, but they look like they couldn't care less. They are all high fives and fight when Arod has them the lead, but they disappeared when they need to set the tone.

If this isn't the final bit of evidence that GB needs a complete house cleaning up front I don't know what will be.

Exactly the outcome I expected. Play conservative until they are down a few scores and never recover. Hundley had like 2 - 3 passes over ten yards the first half. Everything else was check down BS.

Hundley obviously didn't play great but open this **** up.

The defense is brutal. If you are going to play conservative on offense you need a defense. Defense is going to give up at least 24 every game. Chicago on the road will be the final test, if they can't get that done then we've dug a huge hole.

Hundley isn't going to be an all star, but I do think he could win a few games. If MM and DC don't get in the way.

Unless we find a GM that can draft better talent and a better coaching staff to coach them up this is our future after Rodgers is done.

I see coaches without answers to the problem, and the reason they can't find the solution is because they themselves are part of the problem.

MM may think he's a successful NFL coach, but anyone with eyes knows that he's been riding the coattails of Rodgers for years now. He's getting exposed now for what he is, a mediocre-below average coach. History has repeated itself in GB. We wasted Favre's career with only one SB, and now we're wasting Rodgers career. Very sad.

Back