Post Game Packers Defeat Panthers 24-16

First off, the entire offense and coaches on that side of the ball should only get half a paycheck this week- donate the rest to charity. That's all you deserve when you only play half a game. ML and his coaches need to really sit down this week and figure out how the Panthers essentially dominated the Packers for 35 minutes of a 60 minute game.

Yes, they got away from the run, but even so they were mostly inept throwing the ball, and really that was true for both halves, just looked worse in the second half. No team, especially a mediocre group like the Panthers, should be able to completely take away your passing game like that. What was it, 5 or 6 straight "3 and outs" at one point? They were able to cover everyone AND bring pressure with just four guys most of the time. Much of the blame rests on the OL and most of the rest on the coaches.

Considering the complete ineptitude on the offensive side of the ball for the entire 2nd half, I'm pretty happy with the way the defense played.

Yes KC and they also played against several depleted defensive teams throughout the year... when they play teams with a solid front 7 or speed they struggle.
So has KC. I understand the desire for perfection and greatness but the league is set up for parity and that is what we see. KC gives up more yards and PPG than GB and has played a weaker schedule. No team is perfect but be honest the pack is a damn good team. Above average and top 3 in the league right now. I give KC a slight edge because of their speed and explosiveness.

First off, the entire offense and coaches on that side of the ball should only get half a paycheck this week- donate the rest to charity. That's all you deserve when you only play half a game. ML and his coaches need to really sit down this week and figure out how the Panthers essentially dominated the Packers for 35 minutes of a 60 minute game.

Yes, they got away from the run, but even so they were mostly inept throwing the ball, and really that was true for both halves, just looked worse in the second half. No team, especially a mediocre group like the Panthers, should be able to completely take away your passing game like that. What was it, 5 or 6 straight "3 and outs" at one point? They were able to cover everyone AND bring pressure with just four guys most of the time. Much of the blame rests on the OL and most of the rest on the coaches.

Considering the complete ineptitude on the offensive side of the ball for the entire 2nd half, I'm pretty happy with the way the defense played.
I think there was about 5 or 6 minutes left in the game when they got past the 50 for the first time in the second half. next week the Packers face the human steamroller called Derrick Henry. Packers might have to score 35-40 to win.

No one open on play action, Adam’s doubled and no one else could separate. Their DL kicked our butts in pass rush but we were moving them in the run game. Should’ve just kept running. Work down the clock, you’re going three and out anyway, why extend the game with incompletions and risk injury to Rodgers with sacks?

Huh? If the number one offense in the NFL is average talent then 31 other teams are below average? Tonyan, Jones, Adams, Rodgers are pro bowl caliber weapons. The o line has been outstanding all year. They had a bad game last night but name an offense with more weapons right now. KC?
Tonyan is not a pro bowl TE. The 10 TDs are nice, but he's not a top TE right now. Nice surprise how he is doing for sure but pro bowl? Nope.

As for teams with more talent KC, PIT, NO, you could argue SEA and possibly LA and Bills as well. Stats are one thing but the NFC north is atrocious so it's easy to pad the stats unlike some tough divisions like the West.

Packers have 1 quality win this year, and that was against NO. Not entirely their fault, you play the schedule you have. But winning against bad teams doesn't make you talented.

Tonyan is not a pro bowl TE. The 10 TDs are nice, but he's not a top TE right now. Nice surprise how he is doing for sure but pro bowl? Nope.

As for teams with more talent KC, PIT, NO, you could argue SEA and possibly LA and Bills as well. Stats are one thing but the NFC north is atrocious so it's easy to pad the stats unlike some tough divisions like the West.

Packers have 1 quality win this year, and that was against NO. Not entirely their fault, you play the schedule you have. But winning against bad teams doesn't make you talented.
Agree to disagree on Tonyan. Most TDs by a TE in the league and second most yards by a TE in the NFC.
i forgot to mention Bahktiari as a pro bowler too so I don’t see 4 or 5 pro bowl players on those offenses.

For some reason, this season doesn't seem right. How can the Packers possibly 11-3? Our four losses came when teams scored 34, 31, and 28. We aren't a bad team, except on the defensive side.

Carolina went into this game deciding they would stop our passing game, and force us to win on the ground. The objective was to keep the score down. Essentially they did pretty good in that respect, knowing how poorly our defense usually plays. Their problem was that they weren't able to generate the amount of offense needed to overcome what we could score, by hook or crook.

We can look at the game and say the Packers offense sucked. Or, we can look at the game and realize that even though they did get to Rodgers, and stifled our passing game, the running game won the day. It was consistent, and moved the ball.

As far as our defense, we were lucky that the Panthers didn't connect on a few of those wide open receivers they had out there on deep routes, wide open. Bridgewater was just missing them, or in some cases, they saw the breaks on the routes differently than Bridgewater did.

It seems like almost every week I find myself wanting to say that the Packers got lucky. After a while, you begin to wonder how much of winning is actually luck, or are the coaches finding a way to get the best they can out of this team, and be winners. They keep flashing those stats during games about how ML's record for first two years is right up there with the best in the history of the game. It kind of makes complaining a little tough.

My next dilemma is Pettine. If the Packers do somehow make it all the way through, and win the whole show, how do you make a case to get rid of him? Pretty difficult, but it should still be done. Maybe someone would be kind enough to offer him a head coaches job somewhere, and we could breath a sigh of relief.

But, this is all just my opinion.

Back