Post Game Packers fall 24-21 to San Fran

True, but there were other kickers out there both in the draft and the street. It was about Rich wanting so and so.....Rich's whining has in my opinion played out. 27th-ranked teams or what we paid him isn't good enough. Gute had enough $ and draft capital to upgrade that S spot before the trade deadline. All this will come out in the wash here at the end-of-season reviews internally.
Agree Carlson being drafted was 100% a Rich B thing. His brother has become a good kicker in Vegas and he thought he can do the same to Anders. Rich had way to much say in the roster then most ST coaches get.

Agree Carlson being drafted was 100% a Rich B thing. His brother has become a good kicker in Vegas and he thought he can do the same to Anders. Rich had way to much say in the roster then most ST coaches get.
Getting roasted today by the talking heads and bloggers, Rich is not doing well at all.

On the flip side.. Carlson did nail a FG on a snap that skipped on the ground. There is potential there, just a question of whether GB wants to deal with the ups and downs of a young K like Carlson or go in a different direction.

On the flip side.. Carlson did nail a FG on a snap that skipped on the ground. There is potential there, just a question of whether GB wants to deal with the ups and downs of a young K like Carlson or go in a different direction.
I bring in a vet kicker to compete with Carlson in TC. Can't do the same BS last year and just hand him the job without being pushed for it.

Great season. Lots to look forward to. This young team got the playoff experience they need to carry those lessons forward. They left a LOT of plays out there.. A lot. Playoff football elevates those. Hopefully they learn and grow. Hopefully this is the beginning of something.

The game was not lost on a bad call on 4th and inches
The game was not lost on dropped ints
The game was not lost on the final picked pass
The game was not lost by Savage or Carlson or the long snapper
All these could have been overcome

The game was lost on Zach Tom getting hurt and the fact that Nijman sucks. Love lost his mojo when he knew that his RT was a turnstile - and I don't blame Love for that.

Draft a safety. Draft a swing tackle. Resign JRJ and Dillon. And beat SF next year.

Hell of a season, be proud of it

Oh man it was right there for the taking and GB couldn't close the door. We let them hang around and it came back to bite us. Really could have been up 10 plus.

The early bad spot on 4th down hurt.
Dropped picks hurt. Just catch one of them and it's a different story
A few easy throws Love missed
Lord the figgy

Not blaming one thing but these all added up. The GB kids went toe to toe with the big bad 49ers and for 3 of the 4 rounds were better. I will stand by that. SF was on the ropes and probably didn't think it was going to be this hard of a battle. Proud of these Packers. This reminds me of 09 season losing to the cards in that shoot out. It sucked but after the dust settles I felt the next years team was gonna be a real contender and look what happened

We need a safety that matters. I don't want to rely on the draft here. Get a vet. If somehow the bucs let Winfield walk you give him the bag. He changes everything. I'll take dugger also. These guys put us over the top

We need Jones back and RB depth. Keep him fresh all year for a playoff push. The draft can fill everything outside of safety.

2024 going to be the year. gopackgo

Carlson still on the roster is more of a product that he was actually one of the bright spots for this team into late October, when nobody saw this team being capable of making the playoffs, let alone being better than the 49ers on their field in the divisional round. He really did struggle down the stretch, so it is a red flag for 2024.

I'd expect there will be a kicking competition next training camp - and if not Carlson will have a short leash into the season. With increased expectations that come with this late season surge.

Their youth really showed up in spots last night, Tom leaving the game changed the amount of time Love had to throw downfield and limited the number of receivers out in routes, and the Packers couldn't come up with enough plays at key moments to put the game away against a team that by all accounts was built to win this year. I remember Rodgers' last game against this team in the playoffs at Lambeau, where the Packer offense couldn't do anything and he threw a pick late over the middle at winning time, too.

I'm chapped they didn't win a game they should have and kept an improbable 7 seed playoff run going, but I think the reasons why they lost last night are much more to do with inexperience in those pressure spots more than other recent playoff disappointments with veteran rosters, and hopefully they are better for it in the long run.

Did anyone here think when this team was 2-5 and then 3-6 that we'd make the playoffs, destroy the #2 seed in a wild-card game, and then go toe-to-toe with the #1 seed and come six minutes away from knocking them off? That really happened! I'm glad I woke up this morning a GBP fan and not a Vikings or Bears -- or for that matter, Lions -- fan because they know that as formidable as GB became this year, the best is still ahead.

I guess what gnaws at me is, every season is different. And just like when Love was up and down and I was saying that progress isn't linear, the same holds for the trajectory of this team. They made an unexpected run this year but taking a next step next year isn't guaranteed. If this year was a surprise, next year may well be a huge disappointment. I know they weren't supposed to even go this far but now that they have, I wanted them to take advantage of the opportunity because another isn't guaranteed. My only hope is that coming this close drives them crazy and drives them all to get better.
Well said

Back