Post Game: Packers Nip The Bengals In OT 27-24

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packer Football' started by Mark87, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,204 / 0
    Tough ballgame. Short week to get ready for the Bears.

2. kingkoopa

kingkoopa Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 2
    By the hair of our chinny chin chin, but I'll take it

3. ski

ski “I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.” Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0
    Winning is hard to do in the NFL. I don't care who the opponent is or where you're playing. At the end of the day a W is a W. On to Thursday

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GBP4EVER

GBP4EVER Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 5
    Short week, played bad at home against a team that was playing horrible coming in. Got 4 days to play a team that is coming in on a high off a big upset of a SB contender and has been playing well early in the season. The Bears will be a harder game IMO then Cincy was and if GB plays the same sloppy football again good chance the Bears can beat this team.

5. GBP4EVER

GBP4EVER Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 5
    Hard to believe that this was Rodgers first OT win in his career and last one was 2007 when Favre threw that big TD on first play in OT to Jennings vs Denver.

6. rpiotr01

rpiotr01 Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +735 / 0
    MM needs to re-evaluate the offensive game planning. They can't run everything through Ty Montgomery, because he hasn't proven he's worthy of that attention. He hasn't been impressive running the ball or on screens. I think it's time to work in some of these other backs and see what they can do, and commit to running the ball early in the game. It's possible it'll go nowhere until the starting OL is back in tact, but I think MM needs to try something different here.

Josh Jones, hell of a game. Blake Martinez too.

I know AJ Green got 100+ yards and a TD, but I thought they did a decent job on him. He certainly didn't beat them, and that stat line is what you expect him to get every game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +759 / 11
    The game went pretty much as I figured. Packers needed a 4th quarter TD. I thought they'd win it with a TD.

8. realitybytes

realitybytes Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 0
    josh jones will be the best packers pick from this draft when all is said and done. and yeah, it was nice to see martinez have a good game. i hope it is a sign of things to come and not just a fluke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 1
    Those kind of stats are very misleading, imo. I think those numbers are more of an indicator of how lousy the Packers' defense has been than saying anything about Aaron. I hate when they say,'Aaron is 0-7 in overtime games.' It's absolutely the ultimate team sport. That record has NOTHING to do with Aaron. sb(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dubz41

Dubz41 Member

Ratings:
    +642 / 4
    We were damn lucky to win that game and damn lucky ARod isn't on the injury list afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1