Post Game: Preseason Game 1, GB 36 Bungles 19

If those are Andy's grades they are worthless...dude knows about FB what I can put in my pinkie. IMHO he's clueless
Yeah grading Tom as his best offensive grade is a stretch for sure, Andy has a hard on for him going back to last season. I stopped following his stuff half way through last season. Sorry RB

It could be worse it could be that PFF graded crap. I think anyone that gives our OL anything over a C has ggg( they missed a ton of blocks after the 1st qtr.

I am perplexed by his Grade for Kraft because he had some really good blocks at TE and Clifford missed him being wide open 2 times I saw, unless he's blaming the INT on Tucker which is BS, He was covered safety high, you don't throw that pass.

The worst grade should be for Carlson, not sure that's even debatable. For a first game getting a road win was great but the injuries, we can't do that again next week or we are going to come out the gate short handed.

The conversation online around Love/Clifford is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

And it is definitely the same people who thought Sean Clifford was such a dumb draft pick that Gutey should be publicly flogged that are trying to say Clifford is pushing or going to push Jordan Love to be the starter.

Just absolute dumb stuff there. Completely discrediting takes. It's tribal narrative stuff completely void of football analysis

Love is the unquestioned leader of this team. Clifford is the smart guy drafted to be a career backup(maybe) with stints of starting throughout his career as long as he puts in the work on his footwork to improve his accuracy and consistency from college. There's no controversy here. They both played their roles tonight, and showed that they can be what is asked of them, and showed that they both are young and learning (and they did it against very different caliber defenders).

Love came out and completed 7 of 10 passes with a TD and no turnovers and a near miss on a beautiful deep ball. When you have a 1st round pick, carefully developed, with the full backing of the entire team, great team energy around the whole offseason carried into the game atmosphere, and he comes out and does his job, there is no cause for questioning his place. And when the backup comes out and looks surprisingly good against backups, but still throws a couple INTs, there's no cause for screaming to elevate him.

All of those takes are narrative-driven by opinions on things that have nothing to do with those guys, mostly Gutey and Rodgers.

Other than that, fun stuff tonight!

I have heard of some of these guys like Emanuel Wilson or K. Banks, but I didn't bother listening; guess I have to listen now.

Some things I noticed:

- Wicks and Pearson blocked the bejeezus out of their guys on the short Goodson TD. We love to see it.
- Already mentioned but Valentine!!!
- Rasheed Walker got time at both LT and RT and looked good on the highlight plays. I'll be interested to see what the real film crunchers see from him. I hope the Caleb Jones injury isn't too serious.
- All the talk of needing veteran wide receivers but the WR room looks awesome and deep while the TE room is the shallowest pool in light of Deguara and Davis being banged up (and Davis significantly)
- Related to the above, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Pearson at FB instead of a 4th TE--which is wild since rookie TEs struggle and two of our top 3 are rookies. Musgrave looks like the TE1, though, so maybe he's an exception.

I swear the people who hate Love keep making themselves look like idiots. Saw a idiot post oh Clifford played good we could have a QB controversy and that Love gets hurt Clifford could end up being the starter for good. These are the same fools that have believed every backup behind Love has been better then Love and should play before him.

The conversation online around Love/Clifford is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

And it is definitely the same people who thought Sean Clifford was such a dumb draft pick that Gutey should be publicly flogged that are trying to say Clifford is pushing or going to push Jordan Love to be the starter.

Just absolute dumb stuff there. Completely discrediting takes. It's tribal narrative stuff completely void of football analysis

Love is the unquestioned leader of this team. Clifford is the smart guy drafted to be a career backup(maybe) with stints of starting throughout his career as long as he puts in the work on his footwork to improve his accuracy and consistency from college. There's no controversy here. They both played their roles tonight, and showed that they can be what is asked of them, and showed that they both are young and learning (and they did it against very different caliber defenders).

Love came out and completed 7 of 10 passes with a TD and no turnovers and a near miss on a beautiful deep ball. When you have a 1st round pick, carefully developed, with the full backing of the entire team, great team energy around the whole offseason carried into the game atmosphere, and he comes out and does his job, there is no cause for questioning his place. And when the backup comes out and looks surprisingly good against backups, but still throws a couple INTs, there's no cause for screaming to elevate him.

All of those takes are narrative-driven by opinions on things that have nothing to do with those guys, mostly Gutey and Rodgers.

Other than that, fun stuff tonight!

I have heard of some of these guys like Emanuel Wilson or K. Banks, but I didn't bother listening; guess I have to listen now.

Some things I noticed:

- Wicks and Pearson blocked the bejeezus out of their guys on the short Goodson TD. We love to see it.
- Already mentioned but Valentine!!!
- Rasheed Walker got time at both LT and RT and looked good on the highlight plays. I'll be interested to see what the real film crunchers see from him. I hope the Caleb Jones injury isn't too serious.
- All the talk of needing veteran wide receivers but the WR room looks awesome and deep while the TE room is the shallowest pool in light of Deguara and Davis being banged up (and Davis significantly)
- Related to the above, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Pearson at FB instead of a 4th TE--which is wild since rookie TEs struggle and two of our top 3 are rookies. Musgrave looks like the TE1, though, so maybe he's an exception.
With Davis out hurt I don't think they keep Pearson. GB will keep Deguara so he can be they FB and 3rd string TE.

Back