Post-game: Steelers Defeat Green Bay

I think the lesson is this - they can ask Love to play a conservative, high percentage, safe game but they don't have the horses on offense to make that work. No guys to break tackles, get open, no cohesive blocking on the OL, no consistent run game. Or they can turn him loose and let him throw but you're going to get some picks, especially now. They've played better games overall when they do the latter and he made so many good throws today but 1. his game isn't high level enough to finish off these drives and 2. they are still missing a high end go-to WR. Put it this way - no skill position player has gravity. Adams sucked up coverage and attention and eyeballs. Last year Christian Watson sucked up coverage and attention and eyeballs. The hope was that he'd pick it up there and run but obviously this year is a step back for him. It's just too easy covering up the Packers WR. Last year Watson destroyed Patrick Peterson in coverage. This year he's getting covered up by a 40 year old DB. He's not right. Reed has shown promise, Musgrave is starting to really turn it on, but they're missing a piece.

On the D, contrary to popular belief, I believe that the talent acquired by Gute and the FO is actually carrying Barry to respectable stats but his incompetence was on full display today. They spotted Pitt 14 pts by refusing to commit to run D. They played scared against Kenny Pickett and tried to protect their DBs, meanwhile those bottom string DBs played with heart out there and didnt need to be coddled. Barry should've started out bottling up the run and making Pickett beat them. I do wonder if Greg Williams could keep them steady as an interim DC. Not an ideal candidate by any means but I think by demeanor he wouldn't be worse than Barry.
Love in his post game pretty much said that was a designed play to Watson.. So that's on ML for not going with a WR who had actually done something this game.

Though that was also a play that Walker got his keyster blown back into Love like a rag doll..

Last edited:

That’s Aaron Jones’ brother throwing coaches under the bus.

And here is Christian Watson’s brother throwing Love under the bus

IMG_2574.jpeg

Back