Post Game Tampa Bay Spanks The Packers

I'll answer that.... you go man straight up it's 34 points by half not the 4th. He prolonged the inevitable with that coverage
I’m sure i’m telling on myself to some degree but I just don’t think this is true. Mayfield has stunk. GB ran an unholy combination of zero pressure and zero disruption off the line. Every WR and TE got free releases and a full head of steam. This D has played better when they’ve been able to disrupt routes. Mayfield isn’t Mahomes. At least make him make difficult throws. The way they played just handed him everything.

Anyone know were the 17.3 yards per completion fall in NFL history in a game?

If you want a completely non-reactionary take, I'm considering this season a big success. Going into this season I wanted to know:

• Does our extremely young offense show potential and growth throughout the year? This can't even be argued they are looking good even with injuries.
  • Is Love worth re-signing and running with for the next 3 years? Absolutely. He's not Rodgers but other than that he's got the stuff to be a starter.
  • With Barry's contract running out, will we finally get rid of him? We're a bottom 5 defense again I think there's a 0% chance he gets re-signed
Love had something like a 111.5 QBR.. you can’t view that as anything but a great performance. Especially considering his carousel of WR…

DL/LB had something like 5 sacks. That is a good performance.

The secondary got torched at all levels all game. Like someone said something needs to change. But the reality of the NFL is that is hard to do mid season with the secondary they have. But dear lord. When Quay is covering their top WR something is very wrong. On that last TD Ford start going nuts before the snap because he saw people out of position. Someone should have called a TO.

Anyway. I agree that there are a lot of solid pieces in place. But this is year 1 of a 2-3 year process. Things aren’t gonna magically fall into place even next year.

I'm just a beer drinkin' dumbass, but LaFluer ain't the guy and neither are his underlings.

I can be suspended for 5 years and you'll still be trying to explain how I'm not correct

To be honest, I don't like the idea of booting the DC out during the season. Yet, what do you do when your defense played so poorly that it is on record of playing the worst of any team in the NFL over the last 5+ years? Especially when you have your sights set on being able to make the playoffs.

You can't start dumping players. You don't have the cap room to replace them, and anyone available wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to have any real effect on the product. No matter what, you have to react, or your entire organization shows it lacks credibility.

The problem is, who is already in your coaching tree on defense that would be able to step in, and do a decent job? That's the Catch-22 in this whole fiasco. It's also the trap that LeFleur, Gute, and Murphy are all caught in, because of the ineptness of the defense. As I looked through the group, nobody stood out. It doesn't mean there isn't someone who can hold it together, it's just that nobody's name, or reputation, made me believe he was the guy.

The best way to describe the situation is that you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't, when it comes to letting Barry go now, or at the end of the season.

Anyhow, today will be the day that the decision is made, good or bad. We'll all have an opinion on it, and nobody will be right or wrong in their view.

Back