Post Game Thread : Denver Defeats GB 29-10

I’ll keep this short.

• The Broncos’ defense hit Aaron Rodgers a ton. That will get into the head of any quarterback.
  • The Broncos exposed two key problems with the Packers defense. Outside contain and poor cornerback play.
  • Nice to see Micha Hyde pick up where he left off before the bye. It’s hard to keep watching Hyde trailing the tight end he is covering.
  • Julius Peppers plays when he wants to. This game in Denver was not a good game to decide not to play.
  • The Packers coaching staff is one of the most stubborn in the league. Why would you use so many deep routes against a team that rushes the passer so well? Also, how about moving receivers around more? How about running more bunch formations? These receivers aren’t winning one on one. Help them out a bit?
  • Aaron Rodgers was part of the problem tonight. When guys actually do get open he needs to get the ball to them.
  • The Packers coaching staff got out coached. As simple as that. Both teams had two weeks to prepare and the Broncos came out on top.
  • This game was a disappointing reason to stay up late.
  • I’ve been pretty positive about things so far. To see the Packers come out of the bye without making significant adjustments to get guys open makes it hard to stay positive.

Thank you for reading. Jeremy VanDerLinden is a lead writer and owner of Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @TTSO_Jeremy. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Continue reading...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have very minimal football knowledge but I was not surprised how this game went. I knew that Kubiak and staff would adjust to helping Manning be more successful and they did.

I have to agree with the comment that the Packers coaching staff is super stubborn. If it's not working, FIX IT. I was hoping that with Clements calling the plays that maybe some things would be different. But personally I don't see any difference between when MM was calling plays and now. It is so obvious that they have not recovered from losing Jordy. Get over it and come up with a game plan that will make you successful. bh(

Both the offense and the defense looked lost.

To tell the truth I'm not anymore optimistic about the Carolina game.

I guess NOW we'll see what the Packers are made of.

- This game is completely different if we don't go down 17-0 to start it and are able to stick with the run game. Way more concerned about this defense because when everyone else seems to have Manning figured out, we let him and that below average offense walk all over us.

- Complete **** defensive game plan by Dom. Maybe someday he'll learn that you need to actually cover the middle of the field when scheming zone bh(

Whatever, it sucks that we lost so convincingly, but going 1-1 on this 2-game road trip should've always been the goal. I'd rather the loss come to the AFC team anyways. Let the Queens fans chirp all they want and think they have a shot at the division. It'll be that much more satisfying when we roll into Minny and crush their dreams.:D

“Regardless of whether we have (a big play) or not, we have to be able to move the ball,” right tackle Bryan Bulaga said. “It doesn’t matter if it’s methodically, or if it’s three big plays and a touchdown. You have to be able to put points on the board.”

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-locker-room-report/article-1/Packers-defense-never-found-its-footing/5bcdb273-c48d-4c5a-a060-9eda73e9c192#ixzz3qMOxQrWi

Interesting response by Bulaga. Is he trying to tell the coaches and AR to start throwing quick shorter routes maybe and get creative?

“Regardless of whether we have (a big play) or not, we have to be able to move the ball,” right tackle Bryan Bulaga said. “It doesn’t matter if it’s methodically, or if it’s three big plays and a touchdown. You have to be able to put points on the board.”

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-locker-room-report/article-1/Packers-defense-never-found-its-footing/5bcdb273-c48d-4c5a-a060-9eda73e9c192#ixzz3qMOxQrWi

Interesting response by Bulaga. Is he trying to tell the coaches and AR to start throwing quick shorter routes maybe and get creative?

I hope so...

We are 6-1, so can't complain too much, but that was a really disappointing game plan on both sides of the ball coming out of the bye week.

Seems like we decided to just keep doing what we were doing and did nothing to fix the issues at hand. I don't know if it is Clement's play calling or just no separation from the WR but we are taking the best QB on the planet and finding a way to make him look extremely ordinary.

Giving up on the running game again certainly didn't do anything for us.

At this point if the coaches don't see the need to get Janis more reps even if that comes at the cost of Rodgers being uncomfortable, we don't have nearly the competency in the staff that I had believed.

Defensively, I think Hayward was starting on the outside against DT. He has been so bad on the outside, almost as bad as Hyde period. So the two injuries to the DB and then Mathews going out was just way more than we could endure.

The concerning thing is the Broncos did pretty much exactly the same thing that the Chargers did to us and we once again had no idea how to stop it. Getting Hyde out would be a start but they had receivers open downfield all game.

I thought it was hilarious that we punted with 7 minutes left. Yeah, we're probably not coming back with the way our offense was playing but what's the worst that happens if we don't make it on 4th down? They get the ball and score again? I turned it off for good at that point because I knew we weren't trying to win at that point.

Giving a big thumbsdown)) to MM because the team was bad in just about every facet. I always say that on balance he's a good coach. Great groomer of QBs, lousy in-game manager, but a guy whoalwayshas his team ready to compete. Last night, they weren't close to being ready. Even if Denver is the better football team - and there's no way you can conclude otherwise now - the Packers played like a doormat, just a horrible effort.

Giving a big thumbsdown)) to MM because the team was bad in just about every facet. I always say that on balance he's a good coach. Great groomer of QBs, lousy in-game manager, but a guy whoalwayshas his team ready to compete. Last night, they weren't close to being ready. Even if Denver is the better football team - and there's no way you can conclude otherwise now - the Packers played like a doormat, just a horrible effort.
I agree with you.
His team was completely unprepared. No in game changes. Guys looked lost and almost like they had no interest in being there and that has to fall on the head coach.
Especially after a bye week. Inexcusable.
But tied with MM for the biggest dud are the players. The Oline sucked, the Dline sucked. Rodgers sucked.
Everyone sucked, minus Crosby. The guys on the field were unable to win their match ups.

I may be in the minority here.

Was this really a surprise? We came into the game ranked 22nd I N passing offehse. Let that sink in. One game with over 300 yards passing. Richard Rodgers more receptions than James Jones

Wins put lipstick on the pig

Back