Post Game Thread : GB Holds On And Defeats Jacksonville

More concerned about the defense than I am for the offense. Letting any team convert 4+ 4th down opportunities is worrisome. Middle of the defense still seems like a weak spot despite switching out the ILB's in coverage.

Overall though, Week 1 games are such a crapshoot. Good solid win with the defense coming up when it mattered. Vikings defense will prove a tougher task next week, but their offense isn't nearly as good as the Jags.

Good win. Jags are gonna give some teams trouble this year.
Need to clean some things up on both sides of the ball but thats to be expected week 1.

Taking the play clock all the way down has to **** stop. Its been going on for 2 years and is getting really old.

Taking the play clock all the way down has to **** stop. Its been going on for 2 years and is getting really old.

Agreed, although it feels like it's been going on the past 4 years. They need to get it cleaned up.

All in all can't complain too much. Being that starters hardly play in preseason They didn't look as rusty as I thought they could. Time management and playcalling at times wasn't the best in my opinion. Haven't been a fan of at least one of the coaches for a number of years now.

I thought it was a good team win. Not easy to open on the road in that climate. I was actually at the game, and it was HOT. Jacksonville is really on the way up. I was very impressed by them. I think we will continue to improve each week. I was glad that Adams has some big catches. It was great to see Jordy at full speed. Eddie looked really good, and Thomas was awesome. Also prop s to Taylor. That Dline is not a joke. He had help, but did pretty well. I am concerned with Shields who now has had his fourth concussion.

Good win. Jags are gonna give some teams trouble this year.
Need to clean some things up on both sides of the ball but thats to be expected week 1.

Agree no reason not to snap the ball with 3-4 seconds left on the play clock the D is not going to change what they are doing in that time instead of trying to snap it with 1 second left like they always try to do.

Alrighty. It's the first game of the season so we're all talking out our arses right now. So here goes mine. I'll light a match after I promise...

We saw the Mr Magic of seasons past in Arod. He was once again making throws that you just shake your head at and wonder how that was possible within the laws of physics.

We saw the potential that Adams and RR posses. Which we've seen in the past, their problem has always been consistency. Which means we will see in 3-4 weeks if they are still playing at that level. RR had one catch but it was a dandy.

The Def did better than I expected. Thought Jags would run all over them. The young kids in the middle held their own. Kudos to them for icing the game when the offense couldn't. And this team may not miss Shields if he is out for an extended period.

Oline.. Mixed for me. They did better than expected. But if Arod hadn't been Mr Magic they would have looked much much worse. They all should give Arod some nice gifts for covering their issues with ridiculous escapes and throws.

Running game.. blerg. minus a 28 yard run Lacy 2.5 ypc.

Game planning offense. Jags were all over this. Scheme didn't win this game, Arod, Adams, RR, Cobb, Jordy etc.. making ridiculous play after play did. Jags D always had tight coverage of the plays. MM better not pat himself on the back. Not impressed at all.. Lack of run game points to that as well. Those guys won't play like that every week.

Pack is 1-0 in a game I'd thought they'd lose... Well done.. Move on to next week.

EDIT: Shout out to those (Mark et al) who had Bortles turning into a good QB when he was drafted. That kid is gonna be a force from this point on.

Not the best game I've seen. But, as was said, a win is a win.

The problem is, if they don't improve their offensive coordination between sideline and field, they're going to have some serious problems. Rodgers trying to call a second time out was pure frustration, and this time around it appeared to be the sideline having called one play, and they sent the wrong personnel package on the field.

That is just plain inexcusable. No matter what time of year, for a professional sports team.

I didn't watch the whole game yet but it appears the run D was far better than the passing D. Jax receivers were running open all over the place. That concerns me more than the O-line at this point. We have been hearing about how good this secondary is gong to be for a while now and yet they got burned bad, got away with several PIs or holds and missed far to many tackles. The D-line played strong. The O-line held their own in the passing game but was not great in the run game.

And this team may not miss Shields if he is out for an extended period.

i strongly disagree. i agree with ec - the pass defense was not good. and shields was the best of the bunch among the d-backs. randle did okay. rollins was horrible. burnett had some major gaffes. dix was very inconsistent.

but, yeah - the run defense was a pleasant surprise.

Back