Post Game Thread: Green Bay defeats the Champs 27-19

The past two weeks have been arguably the two biggest wins of the ML era, at least from a culture perspective. Just in terms of total team buy in, effort, game planning, execution etc. Really cool to see, very happy for ML and Gute to see their efforts pay off because they've both taken a lot of crap.

As to Love, what else can you say? To me he showed signs of the poise and command going back to last pre-season and nothing he's done or not done has changed my thoughts that he's a good NFL starter. The floor for him wasn't in question, the question was the ceiling. Over the past few weeks his ceiling has been ticking up. The big boy reads, adjustments, demeanor, ball placement and zip have just been phenomenal. I think right now the difference between the offense right now and being a 30+ pts per game offense is the lack of explosive running game - they're dying for healthy Aaron Jones or a young explosive back. Still, 10 has been delivering the points recently.

Two huge wins, now the next part is almost harder - close the deal against bad teams. GB isn't playing like a bad team any more. Keep up that standard and run with it, don't play down to competition.

The past two weeks have been arguably the two biggest wins of the ML era, at least from a culture perspective. Just in terms of total team buy in, effort, game planning, execution etc. Really cool to see, very happy for ML and Gute to see their efforts pay off because they've both taken a lot of crap.

As to Love, what else can you say? To me he showed signs of the poise and command going back to last pre-season and nothing he's done or not done has changed my thoughts that he's a good NFL starter. The floor for him wasn't in question, the question was the ceiling. Over the past few weeks his ceiling has been ticking up. The big boy reads, adjustments, demeanor, ball placement and zip have just been phenomenal. I think right now the difference between the offense right now and being a 30+ pts per game offense is the lack of explosive running game - they're dying for healthy Aaron Jones or a young explosive back. Still, 10 has been delivering the points recently.

Two huge wins, now the next part is almost harder - close the deal against bad teams. GB isn't playing like a bad team any more. Keep up that standard and run with it, don't play down to competition.
To me RB is a round 2 must...use that extra pick and pick up a guy who makes the other team respect the run.

To me RB is a round 2 must...use that extra pick and pick up a guy who makes the other team respect the run.
Some of the looks they got yesterday were absolute Aaron Jones home runs. Dillon got nice gains and so did Taylor but neither is explosive, a better back takes those the distance. Would round out the offense and take them over the top.

@ByRyanWood
·
21s

Matt LaFleur says #Packers "clawed out of a tough spot" but emphasizes importance of avoiding overconfidence: "As soon as you start feeling yourself, and feeling like you've arrived, this league has a way of knocking you out. The bottom line is we're a .500 football team."

@BillHuberNFL
·
1m

LaFleur repeats what he said yesterday about the team being 6-6. "We know the formula," LaFleur said. It's about the work and being disciplined and bringing your A-game every week.

The Packers opening drive to me was a thing of beauty. Damn it was good seeing the Packers take it to a defense and impose their will for a long drive.

MLF to me right now has found a controlled aggression with this team. He is making some really good calls and is coming up with very well done game plans.

I really like what this young team is doing. So exciting to see them growing as a team

The Packers just beat the defending Super Bowl champs and not many of us (especially me) never would have bet on them winning this game.

That was the best-played game the Packers have had all year. For the first half, the offensive line played really well (second half, not so much). The Flower's play calling was the kind of play calling I think we fans were hoping for when he was hired - until Rodgers got ahold of the playbook/coach and made it just another Rodgers offense.

The offense looked crisp, and in crunch time, ML did not completely go into a shell. He stayed aggressive but smart. The receivers hung onto the ball beautifully. I saw only one drop - Maalik Heath. But mostly their fingers were like glue. Side note - Samouri Toure is officially a JAG. A healthy scratch, he's been bypassed by all the rooks. Dillon was solid, and how fun was it to see Patrick Taylor get a couple of long gains?

Defense held up well enough, though I can't stand a three-man rush, at least not until a Hail Mary. But that three-man rush earlier in the game cost the Packers. Still, despite getting gashed, the defense got a turnover and held up at the end. Still don't like Joe Barely, but at least they didn't give the game away at the end, as we've seen before.

Carlson is clearly not trusted on long kicks - they bypassed a long FG try there at the end, and chose to punt instead. I kinda get it, but again, even though the Swede is having a pretty darn good rookie season, he doesn't have the coaches' complete trust on the long ones yet.

And dammit, it's fun to watch the Packers again. There is not this sour-puss attitude that we saw when the previous QB was here, which made watching them - even in victory - less fun. It's more about the team and their cohesiveness, and not about what The Great One did to will them to a win, or about how the team let The Great One down. This team is having fun now and seem in it together. I kept thinking last night, even toward the end when KC was driving, that no matter what happened, it was a helluva fun game to watch.

Had to laugh at Kesean Nixon's interview after the game. The number one seed? Dude was clearly keyed up. Or he really doesn't look at the standings. At all. But both he and Love were clearly very, very amped after the game. Fun.

Back