Post Game Thread : Packers Ground The Eagles

If the RB leading the team in yards and TDs and rushing 1st downs was 32 going on 33, that would be kind of crazy and we'd know the team really would need to restock that position. When that player is a soon to be 33 year old QB, that's downright messed up. The RO first down by Rodgers was cool but with the hammy pull that's done with. It's just hard to believe this is where we're at with the running game.

5-11 or 6-10? I would say at worst 8-8.

Houston is a mess. Win
Seattle has no offense but a strong D. Winnable game but I'll go Loss
Bears are awful. Win
Minnesota is not the same team that we saw in week 1. Win
Detroit could easily lose 3 of the next 4 leaving them at 8-7 going into the game. Game will be for the division at that point and it's anyone's guess with the playoffs on the line.

Detroit's remaining schedule.
@ Saints
Bears
@ Giants
@ Cowboys
Packers

Happy we won a game and happy with certain elements of their performance. Don't know if it's something to build on or if it's just a case of "on any given Sunday".

Philly did not have nearly the weapons that the past 4 teams had. That was a plus for the defense along with the return of Randall. Sure, Randall wasn't all-pro out there, but it's a trickle down because now the #3 and #4 Cbs are better as well.

I still don't see the playoffs as a possibility, but the next 2 weeks will give us answers. Houston can be had but is a solid enough team to give us problems if we aren't at the top of our game, and certainly Seattle will be a real test. Fortunately, the best offenses we will see are in the rear view mirror.

Beat Houston and hang with Seattle, then maybe you can run the table against the Bears, Vikes and Lions and potentially win the division and sneak in. Stumble in any one of the 4 clearly winnable games and I'm thinking we're out (or we should be!).

The only downside for me, even in a best case finish to the regular season is that when we get to the playoffs, we will face some capable offenses and then likely we have to try to win a shoot-out which has not been real successful in the past.

There was one play when Wentz took a big shot from Joe Thomas and it seemed to have shaken him up. He wasn't nearly as accurate after that.

I still think we finish 5-11, 6-10. Aaron was outstanding tonight and has been playing good football for the past few games but let's face it, things went just about as well as they possibly could have gone. The DBs got away with several contact penalties; we got a timely roughing the passer call to keep a drive alive; how many bobbled catches did our receivers catch that usually hit the ground?; the Eagles mediocre WR group lost their only good player in the first half. If any one of those circumstances changes I think we lose this game.

This is team has tried, I'll give them that. I don't question the effort like I did after the Indy game. But the roster is still full of holes, the D is a complete mess, and I don't think our O system can really beat a good D consistently without AR playing out of his mind and without getting some breaks.

I won't argue it was an ugly win. The big thing that sticks out for me are those two long drives. TOP was very much in GBs favor. Both were what 7-8 minutes each? Kept the GB defense off the field which was a good thing because the def was not that impressive till we have a comfortable lead. Can the offense mount those drives against a HOU defense as well?

Hard to take much away from this game since PHI had so many injury issues and lost Matthews early. But I will echo what you said about the team trying. I saw more fight tonight than I have for awhile. I hope they can sustain it.

It was a nice win. I don't feel that much better about our team, though. I still think our defense is suspect, especially up the middle. Our pass rush was embarrassing at times yesterday for a team with as much high-priced/high-picked players in its front seven.

But Rodgers looked like old Rodgers, and he's clearly returned to form over these last few weeks. That's a good thing.

5-11 or 6-10? I would say at worst 8-8.

Houston is a mess. Win
Seattle has no offense but a strong D. Winnable game but I'll go Loss
Bears are awful. Win
Minnesota is not the same team that we saw in week 1. Win
Detroit could easily lose 3 of the next 4 leaving them at 8-7 going into the game. Game will be for the division at that point and it's anyone's guess with the playoffs on the line.

Detroit's remaining schedule.
@ Saints
Bears
@ Giants
@ Cowboys
Packers
1 loss kills your WC changes because of head to head... 2 and your done. I know everyone wants to run the table etc. I see at least 1 loss and 2 is a strong possibility. 8-8 and sitting at home might be the motivation GB needs off season. tc(

1 loss kills your WC changes because of head to head... 2 and your done. I know everyone wants to run the table etc. I see at least 1 loss and 2 is a strong possibility. 8-8 and sitting at home might be the motivation GB needs off season. tc(

I agree completely. 9-7 and one and done in the playoffs means nothing.

I am still not seeing us making it to the post season and I won't be too upset about it. I don't think we have the players to make any headway even it we did make it in.

Offensive play-calling was inventive and liked some of the unscouted looks. Defense played one step up from pitiful and they did get an interception.

I remember in the past when they didn't have a RB or a good RB and they were a past first team...and it worked. Then run first business is not going to cut it.

Back