Post Game Thread : Packers Pound The Seahawks

I’ve said this before. There is very little that separates the top 15-20 teams in the league maybe even the top 25. Nothing in the league shocks me anymore. The difference is usually 1 or 2 plays or playmakers stepping up. We are on this roll because 12 is playing at a high level. You win in this league with talent. If you don’t have it or your playmakers struggle you lose.
Look at the standings around the league. After Dallas and NE who stands out?

The Browns. But not in a good way :D

This league is random and meaningless. AR has been on fire and it's taken the pressure off the D to be consistent. I have no idea with this team or any other. Yesterday was their ceiling, TN was the floor. Either team can show up on any given Sunday.

The difference is turnover differential. We didn't need all 6 turnovers yesterday, but it finally took us above water for the year. I believe the Pack is +1 now for the year. Almost every team with a winning record is + and the losing records are -. That's what separates teams in the NFL. Hang on to the ball!
Otherwise, thought Starks fell to 3rd RB. Michael showed quickness and power, hope he can learn to adjust to audibles! Monty should be our starter the rest of the way IMO. Adams has come a long way and provided me with my favorite moment when he literally rolled Richard Sherman along the ground on Janis' TD run. Hilarious!

Two other notes:

If Jordy isn't back to previous form, he's damn close. There's been a noticeable uptick in his on field demeanor as well compared to previous weeks.

Also, I have no doubt that Aaron is well injured in both legs right now and it's not fun for him, but any one else get the impression we're seeing just a little bit of 'Curt Schilling in the 2004 ALCS' mind games from him? At least after each play. He certainly isn't above it.

Yumo that crow tastes really good and I am happily chomping down on it.

Never expected that kind of game. Sorry, can't help myself - I was CLP)bouncy especially when Wilson threw all those interceptions.

The receivers really stepped up to the plate. It was nice to see them utilize all of the receivers. Montgomery, Adams and Nelson were particularly outstanding.

Wonder how hurt Rodgers is. Man, he looked to be in a lot of pain before MM pulled him out.

Defense - it was great to see that when the interceptions were there they made the most of their chances and actually caught them. Lowrey may turn into a good pass rusher.

I have no idea what will happen moving forward but that was a great game. Oh, I almost forgot MM actually kept the pedal to the metal and kept running up the score. pc)

Two other notes:

If Jordy isn't back to previous form, he's damn close. There's been a noticeable uptick in his on field demeanor as well compared to previous weeks.

Also, I have no doubt that Aaron is well injured in both legs right now and it's not fun for him, but any one else get the impression we're seeing just a little bit of 'Curt Schilling in the 2004 ALCS' mind games from him? At least after each play. He certainly isn't above it.

I think improved play from Adams is helping Jordy. Along with having RB's who are actual threats to run.

OK, watched all the highlights I could. Here's the Cheese view, highlights only/condensed/cliff notes edition.. :D

First off, I'm really shocked to see MM call an end around with a backup QB in the game up big in the red zone. That had rush up the middle 3 times for the FG written all over it. Props for that call. And props to Hundley and Monty for selling it. SEA DL had no idea where the ball was until it was too late. And what Dubz said about Adams block on that was so true.. Sherman getting thrown around. Sure the ground was slippery but Adams did a nice job.

Second, I think the time off helped Rollins and Randall. They aren't pro bowlers, don't have the greatest technique, but they were just good enough. And the defense really needed them back.

Adams is showing a little improvement. Jordy is getting helped by that.

Arod is clearly hurting big. After that 66 yard bomb to Adams he just walked off the field. Normally that early in a game he's running down the field to high five.

Now for the that was great, but...... The stat line says that Wilson threw 5 INTs. However 3 of those INT's bounced off the receivers and one another the receiver fell down. So that was three plays where the defense was beat and got lucky (I think the one where the receiver fell down would have been a nice defended incomplete). On all 3 the GB defender showed great concentration to catch the bounce, but they were still beat. Man I feel bad for Wilson because he's the one that gets dinged in the stats.

Luck plays a much bigger role in the NFL than many will admit, so you can't hold that against GB.

The Packers deserved this win. Our offense outplayed theirs. Yet, their offense piled up a lot of yards against our defense. The problem was - for them - they couldn't score. They had turnovers that took away drives, and offered the Packers good field position.

The turnovers came because the Packers were putting up points and the Seahawks believed they had to stay with them in scoring, or the game was lost. Guess what? They were right. The turnovers came because they were pressing, to make plays. When that happens, you usually screw up. We've seen it in GB, despite the skill Rodgers has.

After reviewing the game twice, I think it's safe to say that the Packers didn't show Richard Sherman any respect. They weren't afraid to throw over, him, under him, and in a couple of cases, through him. He was frustrated, and that's what led to his hit that should include a fine. By doing so, they froze him, and created mismatches in other areas of the field, and the Packers exploited them. It was a well conceived game plan. One of the best I've seen from McCarthy, during his entire term as HC.

I think comments made by a few media people, like Mooch, sunk in. Mooch called the Packers offense listless, because they hadn't evolved their routes. I wish Mooch would have said it weeks earlier (starting last year), when some of us said they'd gone stale. Had he done it, maybe McCarthy would have reacted sooner, and stepped out of his comfort zone. Maybe he finally has gotten the message. We'll see this coming week, with an in-division rivalry. They're always tough, on the road.

In the meantime, enjoy the win, but remember, the defense looked good because of a lot of luck, and a Seattle team forced to press the ball downfield, to stay with the Packers scoring. They were totally out of whack during the second half because of the Packers offense.

Much as I'm hoping this leads to a magical run into and through the playoffs, I'm tamping down my enthusiasm right now. I enjoyed this game more than any other they've played for the past 2 seasons. It was fun to watch and left me hopeful on Sunday.

A couple of days later and while the offense did look very good, it's still hard to know what to make of the defense. As TW says above, Seattle was able to move the ball fairly consistently, but kept making the big mistake. How many times are they (or any playoff team) going to turn it over 6 times. Plus 3 of the turnovers were just a bit fluky and the Randall INT was a near miracle play that goes for a TD 9 times out of 10 when a guy is that open. Another QB on another day or Wilson at home might not make those mistakes.

I like how the team is playing right now and I think there is a chance they win out and take the division, but not quite sure yet if they have a deep playoff run them. Fingers crossed FCC( .

Back