Post Game Thread: The Giants defeat the Packers 24-22

Product of not having a running game and enough playmakers, have to add a running back and another deep-threat WR to the mix.

I don't disagree at all with the overall premise. That's clearly why he keeps looking for things that will test/stress the defense - he didn't have the needed playmakers. What is disappointing is that on that specific drive they went down the field to get the TD without all that stuff. Just run the same stuff for the 2pt conversion.

With all due respect to most of you on the defense, as much as I hate to tell you it really wasn't scheme as much as gap integrity and undisciplined play.

I completely agree with you and understand it, Mark but why aren't the players doing it? It happens again and again. Eventually, you have to look at the D-Coordinator and the coaching voices in the room. We have to ask ourselves, why aren't these players listening and doing what they should be doing. It has to fall on Barry, the D coaches, and ML eventually.

I completely agree with you and understand it, Mark but why aren't the players doing it? It happens again and again. Eventually, you have to look at the D-Coordinator and the coaching voices in the room. We have to ask ourselves, why aren't these players listening and doing what they should be doing. It has to fall on Barry, the D coaches, and ML eventually.
The DL played a real greedy game last night, they saw the stats and wanted a piece instead of doing their jobs. Undisciplined bunch last night. They’ve played much better than that in the past few weeks though so they’re capable of better, but mindset was all off yesterday. Maybe they did get high on their own supply.

Obscure stat on Twitter/X from OptaSTATS:

"Since QB starts were first tracked in 1950, only one NFL starting QB has completed 80% of his passes, rushed for 70+ yards, committed no turnovers and taken no sacks in a game. That one QB was the @Giants ' Tommy DeVito tonight."

Mostly kind of meaningless, but kinda broadly indicates why the game went the way it did. Packers allowed a borderline NFL QB to play mostly mistake-free football.

Obscure stat on Twitter/X from OptaSTATS:

"Since QB starts were first tracked in 1950, only one NFL starting QB has completed 80% of his passes, rushed for 70+ yards, committed no turnovers and taken no sacks in a game. That one QB was the @Giants ' Tommy DeVito tonight."

Mostly kind of meaningless, but kinda broadly indicates why the game went the way it did. Packers allowed a borderline NFL QB to play mostly mistake-free football.
Barry does not know how to game plan most of the time. He spit balls at the wall and hope's something sticks.

We shouldn't have been surprised. The Pack has been making 3d String Quarterbacks look like Hall of Famers for years - years.

I agree with a lot of what's been said.

However, I just don't buy the young team thing as an excuse. Too many of the Packers mistakes are mistakes that were coached against in Pop Warner and beyond. It really isn't like a Veteran team is pulling some crazy shit on us. The Pack just doesn't play basic football well.

And, yes, the Pack was undisciplined on defense, but it sure seemed to me like we played pretty soft on the last drive regardless of whether it was man.

Lots of this is on coaching everywhere.

And again, an Undrafted QB tore us a new one and probably kicked us out of the playoffs.

We shouldn't have been surprised. The Pack has been making 3d String Quarterbacks look like Hall of Famers for years - years.

I agree with a lot of what's been said.

However, I just don't buy the young team thing as an excuse. Too many of the Packers mistakes are mistakes that were coached against in Pop Warner and beyond. It really isn't like a Veteran team is pulling some crazy shit on us. The Pack just doesn't play basic football well.

And, yes, the Pack was undisciplined on defense, but it sure seemed to me like we played pretty soft on the last drive regardless of whether it was man.

Lots of this is on coaching everywhere.

And again, an Undrafted QB tore us a new one and probably kicked us out of the playoffs.
Yeah, i mean the defense is not young. A couple guys in the secondary are but the problems are up front. It’s a veteran DL, veteran LB group, veteran edge group. The scheme kinda is what it is, I don’t think it’s awful - to me it’s the calls on defense down in and down out, and then just execution. Someone is telling Carrington Valentine to line up 15 yards off on that last drive. He’s not deciding that on his own.

packers unit rankings by dvoa are now: offense 10th, defense 28th, special teams 28th

source

obviously, dvoa isn't the end-all-be-all of stats, but it does tell a clear story of where the biggest problems with this team are.
Yep the all mighty Richie is not pulling his weight as this great ST coach. For what he's being paid GB should say if you want to find a new job we won't stop you.

Back