Post Game Titans defeat GB 27-17

Regarding Tight Ends, in the last drive Tonyan didn't put a very good effort in to getting the first. He kind of just fell down a yard short and that's where it ended.

Positives-Bakh and Jenkins both played, both looked good for the most part.
-We've been disabused of the idea that this team is going on a run in the most winnable NFC in years.
-Watson made a couple more plays.
Sammy Watkins should be gone. At least try Travis Fulgham or whatever it is. He can't be worse.
Toure looked like he could get open.
-Quay and Enagbare looked...good at times.

Negatives
-None. We know this team isn't good, a win here would have just hurt draft position (even though I can't actually root for that during the game). 12th pick at the moment and could easily end up top 10. That could be an instant impact player.
I guess the seeming lack of heart effort and Vrabel saying, "the more physical team is going to win," and then proving that to be absolutely correct.

This team has WAY too much talent even now to be this bad.

I just get the sense watching them that they are a smidge too inexperienced and young in too many key roles to win consistently. They're talented enough to keep games close but just cannot get over that hump.

The huge injuries have made it that much tougher. It stinks to have an off year with a 39 year old QB but that's what it looks like to me. Yes there's been bad coaching and probably some dismissive roster construction but they have just got too many bad breaks.

At this point Watkins should be cut. Lazard should be relegated to backup duty and GB should be starting all the young WR. This team desperately needs a TE who is a threat..

Watson continues to impress. Other than that meh..

Defense is just lost.

GB should just start the young WR with an eye towards next year to get them experience…. There is a glimmer of hope in that young group of WR..
Lazard is like duct tape - everybody wants him in the toolbox, but only the truly impoverished would try building a house out of it.

The Green Bay Packers were booed into the locker room. And they were booed off the field when Aaron Rodgers’ fourth-down pass to Allen Lazard landed somewhere between Lazard and Nashville.

A year ago, Rodgers was hearing chants of “MVP.” On Thursday against the Tennessee Titans, the frozen fans voiced their frustration and anger before heading to the exits.

“Interesting,” Rodgers said of hearing the boos.

The boos were about the Packers’ performance, a putrid 27-17 loss, and so much more. The standings will suggest the Packers have a shot to emerge from the muddled middle of the NFC playoff race. The reality, of course, is something different.

“I don’t even know what to say,” coach Matt LaFleur said.

Where do the Packers go from here?

“Home,” Rodgers said.

Literally and figuratively, that’s true, because this season isn’t going anywhere.

The fan reaction wasn’t just about the frustration over what transpired on Thursday. Rather, it’s rooted in years upon years of frustration. When the Packers won the Super Bowl in 2010, the franchise’s future seemed impossibly bright. Rodgers was only 27 when he held the Lombardi Trophy on that magical night in suburban Dallas. The trophy not only was going back to Titletown but it was destined to stay there or, at least, come back another time or two.

The 2011 team went 15-1 and lost in the divisional round. The 2014, 2016 and 2019 teams lost on the road in NFC Championship Games. Finally getting a title game at home in 2020, they lost that one, too. With home field again in 2021, the Packers had everything in their favor – a filled Lambeau Field, cold and snow, and a jolt of talent from injured reserve – but lost in the divisional round.
There have been all sorts of reasons, ranging from epic meltdowns on special teams, horrific performances on defense, uninspiring play on offense and untimely injuries. If David Bakhtiari hadn’t torn his ACL in 2020, and if Lambeau Field were filled rather than empty due to COVID, chances are they would have beaten the Buccaneers in the NFC title game.

But they didn’t. Every year, the Packers have entered the season with a chance to win the Super Bowl. Every year, they found a way to not get it done.

This season started with the typical championship aspirations. The trade of Davante Adams meant new challenges on offense but new opportunities on defense. Maybe that would be the winning formula. A power-packed defense would win games until Rodgers and a revamped offense found their way.

Instead, the Packers are 4-7. The defense might be the biggest group of underachievers in the NFL. The Titans entered the night ranked 27th in scoring and 32nd in total offense but piled up 408 yards and scored four touchdowns on their first six possessions. The offense, which was supposed to be a work in progress, has made no progress at all. Last week’s victory over Dallas seems like one of those any-given-Sunday flukes that are standard in the NFL.

The Packers should have been a dynasty. Rodgers should be wearing at least a couple of those Super Bowl rings that adorn Tom Brady’s fingers. With a realization that time was running out on his 38-year-old, four-time MVP quarterback, general manager Brian Gutekunst pushed his chips to the middle, hoping to hit the jackpot this year. Instead, this season has gone bust.

Rodgers is playing like an old quarterback. LaFleur looks lost. Defensive coordinator Joe Barry looks to be in over his head. It’s impossible to discern what’s worse between the Packers’ place in the 2022 standings and their 2023 salary cap.

An era has ended. A 12th season in pursuit of another championship is going to end with the title residing somewhere other than Titletown. Thursday was bleak. The future doesn’t seem any brighter, a fact as plain as the icy breath from the mouths of the boo birds.

Inexperienced receivers, and a team where not so gifted players look good compared to the guys playing next to them. It can be deceiving.

We lack the play makers on defense, and need to look to a new beginning on offense. Our offensive game plans on both sides of the ball lack imagination, and players who can execute them.

Nothing happened on the field last night that I didn't expect was strongly possible. That includes trick plays that totally befuddled the Packers because they lack the ability to read things on the field fast enough to react.

The changes needed on D are obvious, starting with Joe Barry needing to go. Selling out to stop Henry was fine, but you can't have a massively soft, incompetent and utterly bamboozled secondary behind it making Ryan Tannehill look like prime Tom Brady. Frankly I think it's time for that whole D staff to go, no more treating some of these guys like furniture in a rented apartment. Someone has to buy the whole damn thing and decorate it his own way.

On offense I think they need a good WR coach to teach and drill these guys better, especially with how young their core is going to be. This is not about teaching them how to play with Aaron Rodgers, it's teaching and drilling them on things that would make them a better group for any QB, stuff like not stopping on a route just because you think it's not coming to you, or coming back to the football on a scramble situation, or really just having a standard of route sharpness.

Finally, the QB turned back into a pumpkin. I saw the Dallas game live and wasn't until watching the TV footage after that I saw how sharp he was. The team sure as hell wouldn't have been 4-6 (as of last week) if he played like that the prior 5 weeks. Detroit may have been his worst performance of the season but IMO this was close behind, because I thought the line held up really well in the second half, he had time to throw and the receivers were breaking open left and right on their schemed routes, he was just missing them - high, in front, behind. I understand he wants to throw to a spot on each play, but on that 3rd and 12 he could see that Watkins was open - slow but he was wide open, just hit him where he is and not where he's supposed to be. He does look old, old and stubborn. It's a shame.

The changes needed on D are obvious, starting with Joe Barry needing to go. Selling out to stop Henry was fine, but you can't have a massively soft, incompetent and utterly bamboozled secondary behind it making Ryan Tannehill look like prime Tom Brady. Frankly I think it's time for that whole D staff to go, no more treating some of these guys like furniture in a rented apartment. Someone has to buy the whole damn thing and decorate it his own way.

On offense I think they need a good WR coach to teach and drill these guys better, especially with how young their core is going to be. This is not about teaching them how to play with Aaron Rodgers, it's teaching and drilling them on things that would make them a better group for any QB, stuff like not stopping on a route just because you think it's not coming to you, or coming back to the football on a scramble situation, or really just having a standard of route sharpness.

Finally, the QB turned back into a pumpkin. I saw the Dallas game live and wasn't until watching the TV footage after that I saw how sharp he was. The team sure as hell wouldn't have been 4-6 (as of last week) if he played like that the prior 5 weeks. Detroit may have been his worst performance of the season but IMO this was close behind, because I thought the line held up really well in the second half, he had time to throw and the receivers were breaking open left and right on their schemed routes, he was just missing them - high, in front, behind. I understand he wants to throw to a spot on each play, but on that 3rd and 12 he could see that Watkins was open - slow but he was wide open, just hit him where he is and not where he's supposed to be. He does look old, old and stubborn. It's a shame.
Winner)

No more holdovers new blood is needed at all levels of this organization. Because unless they do something different next year looks much like this year.

Back