Post Game Titans defeat GB 27-17

Some observations

• Sammy Watkins should not even see the field. Let the kids have 100% of the reps and yes that includes 18.
  • Rodgers skill set has regressed not just 2021 to 2022 but in the last 3-4 weeks. The Dallas game was an outlier and it happens
  • The OL actually held up ok. Not spectacular but ok.
  • Clock management. Sorry the TO at the end of the half were unacceptable. You’re trusting your D to make stops (yeah sarcasm) you played into their hands. I’m still wondering about the TO’s in the 4th before the 5 minute mark
  • Dillion is what he is. And honestly not sure what that is. He has no acceleration to the hole and is not really athletic. Nice power back for short yds. Maybe
  • #13 can find a new home next year. For every 2-3 flash moments there are 4-5 WTF moments.
  • I get the excitement about Watson but take away the 2 TD’s he did not get much separation and even on the TD’s. He’s got upside but needs to get stronger
  • Crosby has no leg strength to speak of. Hurts field position
It’s getting to be that time to see what you got and let the kids get reps and that includes #10.

I don't get it. They were plenty "tough" late in the season and in the playoffs last year on D. They didn't lose anyone of significance.

You wonder if the whole team goes as Rodgers goes. He's looked disinterested in every loss, from the beginning of the game on. He had it out last weekend to not let MM beat them and you could tell in his play. And in the whole team's play. One guy shouldn't have that much sway, even if he's the HOF QB.

Why does it seem like the best tacklers and most physical defenders are always guys who came from other teams? Ford, Nixon, Rosul, Campbell, Preston, Amos. Gary and Walker may be breaking the mold but do they not teach tackling in GB?

Our defense got the snot knocked out of it by this guy:

@RapSheet
·
7m

#Titans OC Todd Downing was arrested for DUI and speeding last night, the Williamson County Sheriff confirmed. Downing posted bond at nearly 7 am.

I don't get it. They were plenty "tough" late in the season and in the playoffs last year on D. They didn't lose anyone of significance.

You wonder if the whole team goes as Rodgers goes. He's looked disinterested in every loss, from the beginning of the game on. He had it out last weekend to not let MM beat them and you could tell in his play. And in the whole team's play. One guy shouldn't have that much sway, even if he's the HOF QB.

Why does it seem like the best tacklers and most physical defenders are always guys who came from other teams? Ford, Nixon, Rosul, Campbell, Preston, Amos. Gary and Walker may be breaking the mold but do they not teach tackling in GB?
Last year Campbell was healthy and had a career year. But did the D play well in December last year? No. They gave up 30 to both Chicago and Baltimore, 22 to an awful Cleveland team. The offense bailed them out. 34 to Minnesota in November and 28 to LA. Not sure I call that tough defense

This defense has never been great in the 4 years ML has been here. They have been horrible against the run and average against the pass. The ST's have not been good since ML has been here. Near the bottom of the league every year. The offense has been very good 3 out of the 4 years but this last year we lost our O-coordinator, our offensive line coach, and our QB coach. We also lost our best two WR's in Adams and MVS. Then you add to that that our two best lineman had knee injuries and are not 100%. What did we all think was going to happen?

Then once again the front office brings back AR and pays him as the highest paid QB because they think he can cover up all the warts this O and D has like they have his whole career. Well, they were wrong since he is now 39 and father time is here.

As RP said on this thread earlier, the whole defensive staff needs to go and they need to cut the players that need to be cut. I hate to say this but I would rather have Mike Pettine right now coaching this defense. IMO, a lot of this comes down to Gute and how he drafts based on RAS score and athleticism. This is the reason this defense is not very physical. They have fast guys but no one that can consistently tackle well or be physical up front.

I think some of you have said this but I truly believe that this team is stuck until Murphy and Gute are gone. The next two years nothing will be different. The best we can hope for is we get lucky and add some players that can be the core of this team in the future.

Here's a Q: does planning on having Rodgers back next year make it more or less likely that they play Love the rest of this season?
Less. Now if they are mathematically eliminated it has to be a discussion ego or not

I would’ve thought it would make it more likely precisely because of the ego, they could play it off as showcasing Love for a trade without worsening Rodgers job security

Back