Post Game Washington upsets Green bay 23-21

The Offense is so broken, I'm real doubtful that can be fixed soon - even with a single trade for a primo receiver. Too many other things wrong. The O-Line has been inconsistent on pass protection, inconsistent on the run (Even with his bulk, Dillon is met at the line nearly every time by 2-3 defenders and Jones success comes once he gets past the front). The Receivers can't consistently get separation, and when they do - too many drops, or Rogers can't throw a catchable ball in too many cases (the old accuracy's not there - bad thumb, or Father Time?)

Rodgers is far from the only problem. But he is a problem. Every facet of this roster shares blame. O line has sucked due to guys coming back being out of position or not up to speed. Wrs have been trash as well. Completely out of synch with startling regularity. And yet, we have a guy who calls it correctly in saying that they need to simplify. But he isn't holding up his end.

The easy check down throws that 25 of 32 qbs make routinely, he's made an adventure for his targets. Is any of it on him to get his 10 guys on the same page? Even when Tampa plays poorly and loses games, you can never say the guys around Brady aren't mostly on the same page. Because a great like Brady demands it and his unit knows that.

Rodgers has become a game manager that sucks at managing games. During the week prepping and game planning is on MLF and his coordinators. They have failed substantially as well. But the point of a hof qb is to get your guys moving together in the same direction. The pouting and shaking of the head and never looking a guy's way once he screws up have come to this. He can't do everything and he shouldn't be expected to. But if you aren't executing simple and routine throws that gain you positive yards, if you're forcing Aaron Jones to leap for a pissy little 3 yard outlet pass, you need to do better.

In each of these 3 losses we can point to pivotal moments. Amari's muff was the glaring play today, save the fumble return called back. And in each of these 3 losses those moments were followed by ineptitude on the part of Rodgers and the offense. Three and outs, put your defense BACK on the field again. The long drives WASH had today are as much on the trash Packer offense as much as the D. No one, not one unit or any tandem of players, is playing anything near complementary football on this team. The smartest guy in the room should be the first one able to recognize such a thing. Rodgers is failing this team every bit as much as Murphy or Gute or MLF.
And yet, without penalties, this defence gives up a net of 8. Hey?

The Offense is so broken, I'm real doubtful that can be fixed soon - even with a single trade for a primo receiver. Too many other things wrong. The O-Line has been inconsistent on pass protection, inconsistent on the run (Even with his bulk, Dillon is met at the line nearly every time by 2-3 defenders and Jones success comes once he gets past the front). The Receivers can't consistently get separation, and when they do - too many drops, or Rogers can't throw a catchable ball in too many cases (the old accuracy's not there - bad thumb, or Father Time?)
Oline held up today. THANK YOU ZACH TOM.

This game kept up the never ending story of this season. Hopefully we can win another game this year, but I'm not counting on it.
They will win 2-3 more but have a horrible season and Rodgers will retire with everyone saying he played one year to long.

Amari Rodgers muffs another punt... Not sure why he is our punt returner. He showed in the preseason that he couldn't reliably catch a punt. Not really electric as a returner anyway.

OL actually held up pretty well; granted they did a lot of short passes, but improved from last week.

Rodgers was pretty erratic. Spot on one throw and shoe-lace high the next.

Defense was actually decent, but frankly I think they wore down.

Douglas was everywhere. Stokes is struggling in his second year. Amos had a nice game. Finally using Alexander the right way, but he didn't have as good of a game this week.

Enagbare had a nice game again. Total effort sack but continues to get pressure. Hamilton didn't really add anything.

If we didn't have Jones, I'm not sure what I'd do on offense.

Our second half adjustments (i.e. the lack of any) once again showed up. I'm just not getting our offense anymore.

The Packers issues right now.

1- Our WRers aren't good enough. Defenses can crowd us and drop 7. We can't create much separation.
2-OL-With poor separation created, Rodgers needs a cleaner pocket.
3-ST still inconsistent
4- Rodgers leadership or lack there of

I wouldn't normally speak on the last one because...I just don't know. But the body language, the comments after the game, not taking the blame (Even if it's not on you, you don't pass it off on someone else when you're supposed to be the unquestioned leader IMO...then again, Brady acts like a clown as well and he's been to 10 SBs. But when you've only been to 1, shut up, say it ends with me like Matt LaFleur does and sit down).

Honestly...the last couple times I've had this little faith we could win a SB at this point in the season was...when we lost Jordy and James Jones was brought back. We had similar issues creating separation. And then maybe 2010 when it seemed like we were a year away given all the injuries.

The good news, the 49ers and Bucs are also 3-4.
-MAYBE they will actually stick with the plan and not have Bakh practice 3 days in a row (for whatever bizarre reason they had him practice the last 5 or 6 practices in a row the last couple weeks).
- Could they trade for an impact WR? Would it do any good this season?

I think the defense is mostly alright, they're just on the field so much for long stretches. Berry tends to play soft coverage at bad times because of his fear of getting burned.

Back