Preseason Week 1 : Green Bay vs Philadelphia Thread

I turned it off after the 3rd but Fackrell did not play to that point - firmly in the doghouse.

i must have missed something. why is he in the doghouse?

according to the nfl.com gamebook, fackrell did come in the game at some point, but nothing he did hit the stats.

I think because he's been lousy in camp. Elliot and Gilbert played a heck of a lot more.

I thought the first team looked really rusty and out of sync initially but as the game wore on the got more in rhythm. Not good to see that fumble by Montgomery. He's got to clean that up.

Good to see the defense hitting hard and taking the ball away. So that's what they're supposed to do.CLP)

I know a lot of people have been down on Barclay but I was really sorry to see him go down like that. Guy cannot catch a break.

I thought Vogel's punting was ok. Didn't see the whole game so I don't know if Crosby kicked any FGs.

All in all it was a good place to start.

Agree about Barclay. Barclay to me is NFL's version of MLB's utility infielder. Someone who is not quite good enough to earn a starter role, but who's value is their capability of playing more than one of several positions: RT, LT, RG, RL or C in Barclay's case. (Or, in the case of MLB: 1B, 2B, SS or 3B.)

Last edited:
Back